Equipt's Chaser Overhaul

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
New Frame

New Frame!

Here is a photo of the new frame for our trailer. There are several really nice upgrades. The tongue on this frame is longer than the last one, enabling better turning and departure angles for vehicles with rear swing out bumpers. There are a series of outriggers on the frame now, front and back of the wheel. These provide protection to the tub, offer new locations for gear placement, and protect the fender surfaces. And there is the new suspension of course. It is sitting there with my 100 Series rims and tires on it, but I already have replacement 4Runner Trail rims on the way. Swapping these out will mean I only need one spare for the whole rig.

New Chaser Frame.JPG

Cheers,

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
Frame looks great. I really dig the outriggers. Another benefit of them is they provide a step to access stuff within the tub. But I'm much more vertically challenged than you :wavey:

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Frame looks great. I really dig the outriggers. Another benefit of them is they provide a step to access stuff within the tub. But I'm much more vertically challenged than you :wavey:

We are offering the outriggers as a bolt on option for Chaser owners if that would be of interest to you. The powder coated outriggers with aluminum diamond plate and hardware for self installation is $591.72 for the set. Built to order, lead time is about 14-21 days. Guaranteed to improve your stature :)

Equipt

The tub and lid are finally ready for paint. They are prepping a nose box right now, and so we are waiting to paint all of them together. We are painting instead of powdercoating to properly match the 4Runner. Here is a photo of the tub and lid ready to go.

Tub prepped for paint.JPG

I ordered a couple rims to match up to the 4Runner. When I got them I noticed they had a different color to them than the rims on my truck. A bit darker powder coat or paint on them. Still silver, but a couple shades darker. The rims were from a 2012 model, or so I was told. I ended sending them back. So still on the lookout for a couple 2013 rims.

Cheers,

Equipt

Can you give any more details on kitchen. Maybe a DYI and more photos?

The Kitchen was something that AT can put together for you. They built the swing out for the back end of the Chaser, and custom built a couple horizontal braces to support the case. The Alu-Box is an ABA81. You can see the Alu-Box cases here, and sellect the size you want to see in the left channel. http://www.equipt1.com/companies/Pro Series Cases/category-alu-box/213956-pro-series-cases The stove was custom mounted with aluminum "L" channel and a couple drawer slides. The interior material was the Trek Pak heavy duty material cut 12" wide and fitted to perimeter of case interior and several cross pieces to accomodate the kitchen ware. AT made a custom cutting board that fits in a slot just below the stove. The kitchen is currently sitting on the tailgate in a storage container. Sorry, I don't have more close ups for you right now. But I will follow up with more details when it is back on the trailer.

Cheers,

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
Here are a few pictures of Paul's Chaser kitchen getting a breakfast workout on the south rim of the Grand Canyon back in May after OVX....do I smell bacon?
AT-Equipt Chaser Kitchen 4.jpgAT-Equipt Chaser Kitchen 1.jpgAT-Equipt Chaser Kitchen 2.jpgAT-Equipt Chaser Kitchen 3.jpg

Equipt

Thanks for sharing the photos Mario. That was a great trip.

Cheers,

Equipt

So Dave at AT has prepped and painted the lid on both sides and the tub where needed. We are going with a line-x interior spray, as well as the nose of the tub and the wheel wells. Hope to have the tub sprayed by later this week. It's coming along!

Chaser lid painted.JPGChaser tub painted.JPG

Cheers,

kb7our

Explorer
Paul, nice to chat with you today about your Chaser uplift and impressions on the Globetrotter. Looking forward to seeing more completion pics as things get finished up. Thanks!

Wade

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger