Escape Pod

66 North

One year update...

It has been a year since I bought the truck with the intent of The Great Escape. I have not pulled the trigger on the trip yet, but have made some progress on the truck. I tried everything out over the holidays with a trip to Death Valley and Mojave NM.

OME, BFG, ARB
DSC03052_2.jpg

DSC02902.jpg

DSC02765.jpg

Storage: Designed to be able sit up right in the back. I am not too worried about space since I usually travel solo. Bed roll fits comfortably on the platform or on the bed.
DSC01616.jpg

Loaded up...
DSC01617.jpg

Drawer contains kitchen stuff, middle trap drawer has recovery equipment easily retrievable via windoor, and smaller trap is convenient small storage from inside or out. The white stripes around the windoor frames are velcro for attaching home made screens.
DSC01610.jpg

I used the Load Warrior for the shovel, jack and spare gas. It works fine, but I am not convinced that the puny rain gutters can handle it all over time. However, it is a good place for mounting the Kirkhams awning. I rigged up the Expeditionware jerry can holder to ride horizontal. Fits perfectly this way with no leaks or movement.
DSC01615.jpg

Here is the navigation...It was the "Airplane Type Compensators" and "Years Ahead Styling" that sold me on this over GPS. (Salvaged from my grandmother's basement...good stuff!)
DSC01651.jpg

kcowyo

ExPo Original
"The Escape Pod: It is used to Go, See and Do." .. :clapsmile

You've got everything you need right there. The truck looks sharp and the bed & storage looks functional. Nicely done.

I visited your galleries. Amazing shots from Greenland and your recent trip west through Utah and SoCal. I'm forwarding a link to it to a friend who is big into birds. I'm sure he'll enjoy the photos too.

:beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears