ESV bumper and roof rack

Wicked van

Observer
Hello everyone! I am starting this thread to show some progress on VanKong that i have been working on for couple of years.As some of you will remember this van from Ujor thread and as Chris from ujoint mentioned me building coustom trucks i decided to put my touch on a van,without any furthur delays here are some progresses.IMG_2421.jpgIMG_2423.jpgIMG_2424.jpgIMG_2432.jpgIMG_1252.jpg

Abitibi

Explorer
Nice!

I've always been a fan of tube bars over the solid ARB (or Aluminess) style but they often look tiny on these big *** vans and don't make much of an impression. This is the 1st fab design that really impressed me, keep it coming!

Cheers
Mr. D

catmandu

Observer
Front Bumper Pic??

Great that you are posting a few pics. I like the front bumper that you can see in the early pages of van pic thread. Any in progress shots of that when you built it? Van is looking great. I did a bing search for something van releated the other day and your van popped up in the pic thread. Showed the custom graphics with the name on the side.

Looking forward to tracking your progress.

Jeffh555

Observer
I've always been a fan of tube bars over the solid ARB (or Aluminess) style but they often look tiny on these big *** vans and don't make much of an impression. This is the 1st fab design that really impressed me, keep it coming!

I tend to agree. What size tubing is this?

Wicked Knights

Chris from u joint is a good friend of mine I got my lift kit from him. (Excellent kit by the way) The bumper does kind of look similar but it's not. The bumper that Chris makes is made out of aluminum and its a little more narrow then this one. This is more widened out and has a bit of a skid plate like a baja bumper and made out of steel. Yes it is more heavy but in my opinion the steel bumper is much more stronger and better then the aluminum when it comes to winching. Hey don't get me wrong Chrises bumper is a kick *** bumper but not for my use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78