Everyone has an ugly cousin

HINO SG

Adventurer
not terribly ugly, kind of interesting. The sliding front doors are a great concept.

Wonder where it came from; I was never aware of Bedford having sold vehicles in any LHD market- unless delivery vehicles in RHD markets have the steering wheel on the "wrong" side.....?

kerry

Expedition Leader
I've seen a fair number of Bedford pop top campers on the UK Classic Camper site. Wouldn't they have made LHD models for export to the Continent?

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
My Uncle had one of these outfitted as a camper in the 60's I used to think it was a thing of beauty, now it reminds me of a fascinating bug.

This type of van used to be very common in the UK, I seem to remember them being converted as ice cream vans.

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
My Uncle had one of these outfitted as a camper in the 60's I used to think it was a thing of beauty, now it reminds me of a fascinating bug.

This type of van used to be very common in the UK, I seem to remember them being converted as ice cream vans.

My grandparents had a green one and drove it all over the UK. Great nostalgia trip!

Cheers,
Graham

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
OK a quick photoshop butcher job.

View attachment 25857
Ding ding ding... We have a winner!!!!!!

So what's the deal with the LHD??? As someone pointed out, Bedford didn't make trucks for LHD markets did they??? It's kind of cool and being Dormobile is neat as well, kind of like the van version of Terri-ann's Landie eh.

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior