Expedition Beach 2009

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
pskhaat officially sucks. hope your limes go sour and the vodka turns. no no I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Aaron

articulate

Expedition Leader
I still don't know where the hell he is....?

:mixed-smiley-030:
I think - think - it's because the important elements are thus: not at home, not at work.

This must be why you didn't return my email invite for a weekend in the desert, Scott.

RoundOut

Explorer
Oooh...can I guess...Texas? Somewhere along the lines of Padre Island National Seashore?

Two clues would have me agree, and even suggest the northern end of the PINS. Shiner and the color of the water in the background of the photos of the kids.

We (my son and I) were gone to Colorado and Utah last week during spring break. My wife and daughter stayed in Houston and said the weather sucked. It rained all week.

If that is where the Jensens are, I hope they have better weather.

Last edited:

jim65wagon

Having never been to Texas, I based my decision on a quick internet search for Shiner. I am insanely jealous of anyone camping on a beach, but even so, I hope they are having the best weather and the time of their lives!

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
You never know what you'll find. Traveling down an old shelled road finding another remote beach, we run into the following:

IMG00045.jpg

The back areas of this area are fascinating. Did she rest up there from a hurricane? Did her owner drop here there off a trailer? How did they get the trailer in there? Regardless, there's someone living in there, we'll let them be for likely good reason.

But another road leads us to what we were searching:

IMG00047.jpg

L.I.G. (this one is for you DaktariEd):
IMG00055.jpeg

Last edited:

Pskhaat

I can neither confirm nor deny my presence at any given area listed in this thread...yet.

Let me tell you though this beer was really cold. Note the changes in latitudes changes = changes in beer.

I really needed a few of these after this.

IMG00056.jpg

Last edited:

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Sir...one of my great fears is being someplace where my little one is merely a part of the food chain...the stuff of nightmares.

But your beach time makes me realize my trip was entirely too short!

-H-

Pskhaat

Another lonely road in absolute humidity:
IMG00058.jpg

...leads to another nice stretch of sugar sand. Today is quite a bit tornadoey though:
IMG00059.jpg

Pskhaat

I said there would be volume consumed at the raw bar, no?

There's nothing like eating right next to the beer fridge with 2 of the 4 dozen consumed, had to wait a little extra for them off the boat:
IMG00061.jpg
IMG00063.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle