Expedition Cure 2006-August 26th-Sept 15th

Hanley Noel

Observer
Hey guys. The time has finally come to post our trip. We leave Glacier National Park tomorrow on a journey from border to border. We have teamed up with Team Fox (Michael J Fox Foundation) in order to raise money and awareness for Parkinson's Research. My buddy and I are "city boys" so this trip should prove to be definitely interesting and full of surprises. You can follow us @ www.expeditioncure.com. The GPS will be up and running tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Here is a map of our route: http://www.expeditioncure.com/Route.aspx

My buddy is doing most of the navigating, but I do know that almost all of this route is offroad. :sombrero:

We have also developed some cool guessing games in an effort to raise some money. Our generous sponsors have donated some cool gear as prizes. For example, you can win a 48" Hi Lift Jack or a 5 day fishing vacation in Canada. :jump:

Check out the games: http://www.expeditioncure.com/DonateToWin.aspx

Pics to come. Must resize.

Watch me destroy a perfectly good rig!!!

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
This sounds fun. You need to promote this more next year. I would love to come on this once I have my truck built.

Hanley Noel

Observer
I know we should have. My buddy and I were wearing so many hats trying to do everything. It's a small miracle that we are this far. If anyone wants to meet up let me know.

time to get resizing this pictures

HongerVenture

Adventurer
Ah man! I wish you had posted about the IndyScene party, my wife and I would have made a point to be there. Could have written up your rig for the portal really quick like...

In any case, when you return to Indy (will you be returning here?) I'd love to see the rig and meet up with you sometime.

Regards,
Joel

Hanley Noel

Observer
damn, had no idea you were in Indy? we definitely have to meet up when I get back in late Sept. Do you ever wheel with the Hoosier Cruisers?

Hanley Noel

Observer
thanks curt! btw, the helton shower is super slick. Combine that with the autohome tent, and Engel fridge and there is no need for a house.

Hanley Noel

Observer
left to right. I hurt my foot trying to get out of the Autohome tent. This was completely user error. Right outside of Bozeman, MT getting ready to get up to Glacier National Park to start our trip tomorrow. Got the rig weighed. Take a guess at the weight on our site (http://www.expeditioncure.com/DonateToWinPrizeDetails.aspx?dtwcategory=13). Our Launch party help(thanks girls!).

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 47
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 72
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    505.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Hanley Noel

Observer
left to right:
had to fire up the Lightforce 240 Blitz at the party...prolly had one too many Miller Lites :). Our help decided they all wanted to try out the tent. Wheeling in the extreme conditions of Zionsville, Indiana. :)

Attachments

• Untitled-6.jpg
    Untitled-6.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Untitled-7.jpg
    Untitled-7.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Untitled-8.jpg
    Untitled-8.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Untitled-9.jpg
    Untitled-9.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 43

Hanley Noel

Observer
Left to Right:

Camp Lance: St Joseph, Missouri. Long time friend has some land in the middle of nowhere. Apparently Missouri Gumbo as it's called (crazy ****** mud), got the best of us. We had to break out the wench numerous times. Winchline.com's line did the trick every time. We got out with only minor scraps. We rented a bar in Chicago called Schoolyard for a fund raiser. It went really really well. On the way out west from Indiana we noticed that the cruiser was burnin' mad amounts of Mobil 1. Read some where on MUD that Rotella 5w40 does a better job. Picked up an oil filter and went over to Wallyworld to have her oil changed.

Attachments

• Untitled-10.jpg
    Untitled-10.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Untitled-12.jpg
    Untitled-12.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Untitled-11.jpg
    Untitled-11.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Untitled-13.jpg
    Untitled-13.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Untitled-14.jpg
    Untitled-14.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Untitled-15.jpg
    Untitled-15.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
S

Scenic WonderRunner

Hanley..........!

Have a wonderful and safe trip!:088:

If you are heading through the Silverton, CO. area the weekend of Sept. 8th....or into the next week......on your way south.......give a shout on CB Channel 4.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Crossing Path's.....!

Hanley.........

I just now checked out your route.

Looks like you are doing several trails we want to do during the "Summer in the San Juan's" trip.

Looks like you are also heading over Stony Pass out of Silverton and over the Rio Grande.

I will be on this very trail, hoping to find a sweet campsite by the river....or um....creek, that far up.

Our trip starts Sept. 8th and can go into the following week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998