Expedition JK Rubicon project. Self sustainable check it out

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Thanks for making all of those pictures available. Lots of interesting stuff to see and think about.

dugedug

Hello, I have been busy working hard on a 2007 Rubicon 4door for about a year now. I thought I would start to share the progress with everyone. please let me know what you think. I have had a lot of fun on this one. Maybe it can inspire someone to do the same .cheers

http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu247/coffeespecial/yeti for sale/

How did you enter the cab with your PV wiring? I'm working on a PV array for the roof rack but haven't found a way into the cab that doesn't require drilling and still maintains some water resistance.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
You guys do realize that the provided link goes to a Jeep for sale and I would be surprised if the OP ever responds, some great thought went into it regardless.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
You guys do realize that the provided link goes to a Jeep for sale and I would be surprised if the OP ever responds, some great thought went into it regardless.

I think that the "yeti" mountain bike shown at the end of the photos is what is for sale - not the jeep.

coffeespecial

Hey guys and thanks for the replies thus far. Just to clear things up NO this jeep is absolutely NOT FOR SALE! heck its not even finished yet, and too much money invested in it. And to answer a few questions 1- Not sure what PV means but all my wires do enter throught the roof but are I used really tight grommets and silicone. It is very clean. 2- The MotoSAT provides DirecTv as well as data for internet.3-The rack is GARVIN with some modifications to it to make it stronger and more suitable. Its a nice rack but it could be better, so I made it better. 4-The LED tv is to make a week or 2 or even 3 more enjoyable. It will have Apple Tv for Iphone, ipad and itunes viewing via Wi-Fi, as well as DirecTV, and BlueRay. Although I think the blue ray is overkill, I will wait until it breaks and I wont replace it with a new one. I will keep it all solid state.

Keep checking back as the progress is moving quite quickly as I near the completion. I will be filling the water tanks this weekend to check the automatic systems. I put a auto-fill, with a float valve for auto shutoff. A computer to monitor the heat on the hot water tank. When it gets down to a set temperature, it will fire the jeep up using remote start. Also have a battery monitor, that will fire the jeep up when voltage on auxillaries gets to 11vdc. A lot of thought went into this project, with a few sleepless nights to say the least.

amazed

I am totally amazed. I have a few dozen questions. What will you do with it? Where will you sleep? what about durability? how about a simpler version / I don't even pretend to understand it all and what it is capable of . but I am impressed. there are some great ideas there even if I don't know what all the electric stuff does may be you could sorta give a guided tour of it's capabilities, for people like me who were challenged getting a simple inverter installed. Still the work is impressive

Brigitta

Observer
Interesting ideas but without upgrading to dana 60's it'll either bend or break an axle housing. I just recently took my JKUR to the CATS scale to get a weight as we're looking at buying a new car hauler. My JK has basic mods, lift, tires/wheels, front and rear aftermarket bumpers and tire carrier, winch , and sliders. With the hard top and doors on and a half a tank of gas, it weighed in at 5380. That's just 120lbs shy of the GVWR for my JK.

This was an eye opener for us and we'll be shopping for some 60's. I wonder how many other JK's are grossly over their GVWR's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger