Expedition Mitsubishi Fuso FH - Travel ready and in Durango, CO, $9000/Trade

micklongley

Observer
SOLD Expedition Mitsubishi Fuso FH - Travel ready and in Durango, CO, $9000/Trade

016.jpg

Floorplan_zps8aa5d209.jpg

Hello All,

UPDATE: No commercial drivers license needed - a standard DL is all you need for this truck.

For the past year I've been living in, and traveling with my Fuso camper. It has been great for my family but I need something with four seats now - which is a good thing! We're hoping for a baby :)

I've completely redone the interior of the camper with tongue and groove aspen, salvaged gym flooring, and steel on the interior. I've placed two giant skylights as well, making the interior seem huge and light (Pictures coming soon I promise!). The exteriors of the cab and camper have been painted to coordinate using implement industrial paint - light grey and darker grey.

The Fuso itself runs really well and doesn't leak any fluids. It rarely uses its glow plug system to start and starts easily. The air conditioning works well but the switch is missing (a jumper wire is used as a bypass until a switch can be found). The windshield needs to be replaced at some point as well.

I had intentions of converting to run on straight vegetable oil but haven't touched the fuel system as of now. I also had grand plans to convert to four wheel drive as well (I even have a dually Dana 60 front axle to go into it!), but this will have to wait. The 4.11 gear ratio is a great ratio for this truck and its current tire/weight setup.

I use this truck as my daily driver as well as towing/hauling/general truck use. I love driving a cab-forward truck, I've always owned VW Westfalias and it's like those, just a little bigger and much more capable offroad. The turning radius in this thing is amazing and I love being able to fit into a normal parking space downtown, super convenient.The camper is easily loaded and unloaded (see the video for a demonstration). My families intention was to roll into a campsite, offload the camper, and use the truck to explore. The truck bed is staked, and stays on when the camper is on, making it very useful far from home.

Here is the overwhelming list of Specs and tidbits:
1997 Fuso FH211, not the smaller FG 4x4 version
133,000 miles
17,995 GVWR
Total Length: 20'4" Bumper to Cargo box
Total Width: Just under 8'
Truck weight with bed: ~6500lbs
Truck weight with lightly loaded camper: ~9600lbs
6 Cylinder Diesel, 6D34T2 engine code, 175hp 325ft lbs
Allison AT542 3 speed transmission with overdrive (replaced before I bought the Fuso)
Gear ratio: 4.11
37" Goodyear Wrangler Tires (super heavy duty tires), good tread and sidewalls
16.5"x8.25" Double Beadlock wheels (air down to zero if you like, the tire won't come off of the wheel)
33 gallon fuel tank
Average fuel consumption 50-55mph (daily driving, towing, and hauling city and highway): ~16mpg with odometer adjustment for tire size
Average fuel consumption in expedition trim 50-55mph: ~12-13mpg with odometer adjustment for tire size
Air over hydraulic brakes
Onboard air for airtools and tire inflation
2 new starting batteries in the last year
3 point mounting system with tail captive and pivot in the center of the frame
Factory Service Manual, digital DVD version
1979 Camper fully gutted and restored
4 x 2000lb Camper jacks with heavy duty tripod feet
120 Watt solar module
MPPT solar charge controller
Backup PWM charge controller
Moveable solar cart so camper can be parked in the shade and the solar module can be moved into the sun (very nice function!)
750 Watt inverter, 1000 W peak
3 X 80 amp hour battery bank
2 x 20# propane bottles
3 burner stove
Small oven
Vent free blue flame wall mounted propane heater
3.4 cu ft. 110v refrigerator/freezer
Two bay RV style stainless steel sink
Steel countertop
Fold out interior table
Sleeping for two adults, one child
LOTS of storage
CD/MP3 player
Interior seats reupholstered in the last year
2" Receiver hitch mounted to frame of fuso, and another 2" receiver on the camper for bike/accessory racks
Trailer hitch 4-pin wiring
Truck tool box mounted to the campers accessory rack
Dometic Catalina (2500?) awning, needs some repair to the storage tube

A few items I would love to add to make this truck even better:
Dynamat insulation for cab (noise reduction)
Dampening for camper when articulating quickly (reduces camper sway)
Remove overload leafs at rear suspension (help articulation)
Place bug screen on rear camper window (the BIG one) - this is the only one without screening
A different stair mechanism for entrance to camper - currently just a stepladder

This post is likely to be updated as I think of things but I thought I'd post it up in case someone was looking for something like this. See many more photos and video here: http://www.photobucket.com/bigfuso

Here are some threads that may be helpful regarding the wheels and my decision to skip converting to 4x4:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/86579-My-Hummer-wheelset-experience?highlight=hummer

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...o-FH-does-great-off-highway?highlight=convert

Please let me know if you have any questions, I'd love to answer them. Asking $9000 obo

Thanks!
Mick
(970) 779-0101

042.jpg

Last edited:

micklongley

Observer
I just lowered the price from $25,000. Let me know if you have any questions about it. I'm also open to offers.

Thanks,
Mick

potfish

I'm starting to plan a Fuso or NPR build so I'm tempted as hell but I'm still really in the thinking phase about what I want for the living quarters. Someone please buy this quick so I don't have to think about it any more!
Good luck with the sale.

kemosabee

Free bump!

I see this thing in Durango on a regular basis, very cool truck! If I didnt want a M35 I would be all over this.

micklongley

Observer
Thanks Kemosabbe, I'll cut you a sweet deal for being a local haha! Thanks for the compliments - I like the truck and I'm hoping someone else will too.

Mick

micklongley

Observer
Price Reduced to $22,500

My asking price was lowered to $22,500. Let me know if you have any trades. I'm looking for 4 seats and something like a Subaru right now, at least until I can decide on the next expedition platform.

Thanks!
Mick

micklongley

Observer
Reduced again!

I'm really needing to get another vehicle everyone - if you're remotely interested let me know, I'd love to work something out.

Thanks,
Mick
970-779-0101

micklongley

Observer
No onboard water holding tanks

Hi Pun, The camper is a clean slate with just the necessities and does not have water holding tanks. For freshwater, I preferred using 5 gallon jugs as they were easier to fill in my situation (and easy to carry to the camper when it's parked in the woods). The sink drains into another 5 gallon jug that is used to water the garden and desert plants. I use a composting toilet as well so no water and chemicals to deal with.

I have a 20 gallon fresh water tank that I can send with the camper if someone chooses to use it.

Let me know if there are anymore questions about the MoonBug.

Thanks!
Mick

micklongley

Observer
Price Reduced to $21,000 obo

Lowered the price again - come and check it out.

Mick
970-779-0101

Last edited:

micklongley

Observer
Hey guys, dropped the price again. It's a cool rig but I can't keep it. Let me know if you have any questions about it!

Thanks,
Mick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger