Expedition One Bullbars

Humvee4us

Does anyone have any experience with Expedition One bullbars? Do they have a crumple zone like the ARB bullbars? ARB bullbars work very well because they have a crumple zone, so if the impact isn't devastating the crumple zone of the bullbar takes the trauma leaving the frame or chassis of the vehicle intact.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
No experience with that make or ARB, but I suspect that crumple zone claim is pure marketing bull. A neighbor had a bullbar on a Jeep, he hit a deer and the bar crumpled into the grill and radiator. Might be that the deer he hit was too big.

IMO, bullbars are for mounting lights or gadgets on, they can cause more damage than they repel.

OIP.vxG1qk9Gl-idi4a4RFLNPgHaFf

Humvee4us

No experience with that make or ARB, but I suspect that crumple zone claim is pure marketing bull. A neighbor had a bullbar on a Jeep, he hit a deer and the bar crumpled into the grill and radiator. Might be that the deer he hit was too big.

IMO, bullbars are for mounting lights or gadgets on, they can cause more damage than they repel.

OIP.vxG1qk9Gl-idi4a4RFLNPgHaFf
Wow! That looks bad for the poor truck. That's actually a perfect example of when bullbars are not engineered and just bolted to the frame. When they hit something they transfer 100% of the shock to the car's frame and might even augment body damage. A property engineered bullbar shouldn't do this, unless the impact is of a life threatening degree.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
I'm sure any engineered bar will bend, crumple and move back at different speeds hitting different things from different angles, so for them to work as intended, read the crash tests and abide by those test conditions, otherwise good luck.

I'm not an engineer, but I know what a crash is like. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior