Expedition Overland 2013 Tacoma Build

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Guys,

You have really inspired me to get going. I live in Billings, and I'm currently outfitting my Disco to do exactly the same type of stuff. I'd love to meet you guys, camp, hit a trail or something. And you can be sure I'll be there at your send-off in June!

Truly inspiring!

ExpeditionOverland

Supporting Sponsor
Thank you so much for the support! We would not be here without people like you! We would love to shake your hand at our send-off, see you then and have a great weekend.
XO Team-

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
keep it comin guys

tumblr_lxjlw4AnIX1rn1xxfo1_250.gif

ADK_XJ

Observer
Love the XO video series, but can we get some more details and lots (LOTS) of pics of this build up on here? I know you guys have to have something cooking on the regular with this Tacoma...come on, please? :ylsmoke:

NetDep

Adventurer
I have sub'd and am looking forward to this!! I have a 2011 Toyota Tacoma and am eager to see what you are doing with your new Tacoma!! I have been an avid follower of the series (even watch with my hat on) and recently ordered an off-road trailer that I hope to post some pics of later this year. Will you be in the Seattle area on your way north and possibly stop by to have drinks/dinner meet/greet with some folks?? The xoverland patch looks great on the BedRug in the bed of my truck and stickers are great on ammo boxes!!

ExpeditionOverland

Supporting Sponsor
Begginings

MERICA.jpgMoon1.jpgRocks.jpgrocks2.jpgHere are a few more shots of the truck before we began the build. Only change here is the tires/wheels off the last truck so we can powder coat the new wheels and sell the stock tires. While testing the vehicle Jeff and I also decided to test our MERICA skills.

Last edited:

ExpeditionOverland

Supporting Sponsor
As We looked to build a new rig from the ground up we decided to take it in stages. Our stages did become a little out of sequence as we had to prepare the truck for some commercials for Northwest Toyota.
However, most things we have been able to complete in sequence.

Seat covers, Window tinting, our Console Vault, and new bigger tires were the first to be installed.

The Tinting was to match the factory rear ( I believe a 33% tint)

The Console Vault will hold our valuables and passports etc. These are not fire proof but they are smash and grab proof. A great feature to have when traveling from your vehicle.

The new tires are possibly just a stand in. However, this is a proven tire and we wanted to run a universal tire size across the fleet (100 series). We are looking into the 255/85/R16 in the KM2 for Alaska. Until then we will run the proven All Terrain.

RUBBING! We do have tire rub with this size. It rubs on the Mudflap as you can imagine. The tire is wider as you can see from stock width and the tire is a lot taller (33"). Suspension will help to some degree on clearance. The 255/85 is narrower and will fit within the well better.

Couple additional shots of the seat covers and Console vault:
Screenshot2013-04-03at24430PM_zps93e11e59.png

Out of site
Screenshot2013-04-03at24517PM_zps82cec584.png

Seat covers:
Seatcovers_zps34dd82f2.png

Attachments

• 4K4A7730.JPG
    4K4A7730.JPG
    340.4 KB · Views: 302
  • 4K4A7738.jpg
    4K4A7738.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_1073.jpg
    IMG_1073.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 353
  • front clearance close.jpg
    front clearance close.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 347
  • New powdercoat.jpg
    New powdercoat.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 327
  • R16.jpg
    R16.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 305
  • Tire before.jpg
    Tire before.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 338
  • Tire to tire.jpg
    Tire to tire.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 328
  • Wheel clearance 1.jpg
    Wheel clearance 1.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 312
  • wheel clearance front.jpg
    wheel clearance front.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:

codename607

Adventurer
Man that's one bada$$ truck!! Toyota got it right when they changed the front lights. Looking forward for more Clay.

Great call on the Console vault, I just added one myself a few weeks back. Super easy install, couldn't recommend one enough to other Tacoma owners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears