Expedition Overland 2013 Tacoma Build

mouse007

Explorer

Hello team Expedition Overland,

1st off amazing show and build, congratulations…!!! I hope to one day do this trip with my wife and son.
Now, for my question I don't see any spacers/adapters in this picture…? Did the BFG 285/75 R16 fit without any trimming or added work..?

I'm currently running 255/85 R16 BFG KM2's but want to run an A/T in 285/75 R16 as a dedicated street tire.
I have a set of BORA 1” spacers in case I need to run them, but I would rather not.

Thanks, your impute is much appreciated. keep up the good work…!!!

Last edited:

brushogger

Explorer
My wife and I really enjoyed meeting and talking to the people of xoverland at EXPO. You guys are a class act. Keep up the good work and good luck on next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yalex

"The Kid"
Loved this season..

Any chance you could post some pictures of how you have the pair of 10" light bars mounted on the ARB?

getoutside

Observer
Clay and Crew,

I took a hiatus from the thread for a while due to the ridiculous direction some folks took things. I have posted this question twice I think. I, and some other dedicated viewers/followers were hoping to have answered. What type of GPS/Software/Apps/Hardware are you guys running. I can make some obvious observations and guesses based on what I have seen on the episodes but was hoping to get the run down from you. I have been eyeballing a number of options but was hoping for some real world advice based on both seasons worth of expedition travel.

Thanks,

Morgan

fireball

Explorer
I too would be interested in knowing this! I also saw on facebook that they recently had some more comm work done to the trucks, so any helpful advice would be appreciated.

taco_tay

Adventurer
I love your guys' channel!! You guys are the reason why I sold my Jeep to get a Tacoma again! Keep up the shows, I need more videos to waste my afternoon with haha

SitkaTundra

What kind of weight will the camper shell support? I'm looking at doing something similar to my Tundra. I'm by no means a small guy and I'm concerned about over stressing the camper shell with the weight of the tent, my weight, and , although my wife hardly weighs anything, her as well. Any incite is greatly appreciated.

shibubba

Question for the Xoverland boys. I have a very similar set up to you. 2013 6spd, 285's canopy, armour and soon building a trailer. Id say exactly like you guys ! Question is. I just ordered a set of complete 3rds from ecgs with 4.56:1, how did you like them. Was jumping back and fourth between 4.10 & 4.56. I don't DD this thing. Only high way long distance through the rocky mountains and down logging roads to get camping

Last edited:
4.56 w/ 285's would be great. 4.10 is a very small change and would not be as well suited for your uses.

Question for the Xoverland boys. I have a very similar set up to you. 2013 6spd, 285's canopy, armour and soon building a trailer. Id say exactly like you guys ! Question is. I just ordered a set of complete 3rds from ecgs with 4.56:1, how did you like them. Was jumping back and fourth between 4.10 & 4.56. I don't DD this thing. Only high way long distance through the rocky mountains and down logging roads to get camping

EXP-T100

Adventurer
I have a similar setup (07 dcsb, v6, auto, 285's, lots of extra metal hanging off it). i was having the same debate in my head and in the end 4.10 were to much of a pain to get together so i ordered 4.56 and let me tell you what you will fall in love with you truck all over again!! night and day difference and i went from getting 14mpg avg. to 17/18mpg (both are mixed hwy/city).

P.S. your front diff may only be 60lbs and you may think the jack is in the way but holding it for 5min trying to get it back up in the truck is not a good idea.
front diff to head.JPG
oh crap my fat head at the top of the new page lol

Plannerman

Wandering Explorer
Exp-T100 - did you correct your speedometer after regearing or is your mileage based on stock speedometer?

Sent via fat thumb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears