Expedition Overland 2013 Tacoma Build

Shane1972

I emailed LRA and they are actively seeking a new distributor in the States. I live in Germany and the closest place for me is France. But they want 1800 Euro + VAT; which in Germany is 19%. I think I'll wait till we move back home and pray they find a distributor by then. They said the part # for the Tacoma tank is TTACDCR. They said it's $1200 (Aus) which is a little over 900 US. Add in some shipping and that's not too bad. It's 129 liters which is just over 34 gallons.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
I emailed LRA and they are actively seeking a new distributor in the States. I live in Germany and the closest place for me is France. But they want 1800 Euro + VAT; which in Germany is 19%. I think I'll wait till we move back home and pray they find a distributor by then. They said the part # for the Tacoma tank is TTACDCR. They said it's $1200 (Aus) which is a little over 900 US. Add in some shipping and that's not too bad. It's 129 liters which is just over 34 gallons.

Yeah I know someone who bought a Lr tank from Australia and is having it shipped. The exchange rate helped a lot I guess. I'm waiting to see if he has trouble picking it up at the port or gets hit with some tax etc.

NYCOH

Observer
you have any pictures of your supercharger install and how you made it work with the dual battery setup you have? not to mention all the other goodies you have in there? at least a good shot of your engine bay?

WhiskeyTango0311

Online sleuthing (sorta), produces the XO crew heading south. Interested to see what this adventure yields.

5d092a920d893715b787df7a3e57e072.jpg

ba71892ea26d8687f6d2683988474b01.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hags Overlanding

Trying to be good at this
By the Orange on the map part of the wrap looks like Central America, I think I read somewhere else, Panama was the destination.

brushogger

Explorer
Glad to see they're back at it! Looking forward to this season. They're so much better than the off roading shows on the cable channels.

p nut

butter
So how do these guys fund these adventures/vehicle purchases/etc.? Not that I'm trying to figure out how to go on epic trips and get paid to do so.

jpat30

Adventurer
in a word....................Sponsorships :sombrero:

Just checked out their website. Launch of South American Expo is April 15; Woohoo. I love watching these guys and cant wait to see the builds on the new 4 Runners( and I am not even a Toyota guy, crazy I know)

brushogger

Explorer
So how do these guys fund these adventures/vehicle purchases/etc.? Not that I'm trying to figure out how to go on epic trips and get paid to do so.

With sheer awesomeness!!! . I spoke with Clay and his crew at Expo last spring. They actually put a huge amount of work in to make it all happen. Sponsors don't just appear out of thin air. They expect a return on their investment, and xoverland delivers in spades.

Kole

Adventurer
With all the "secrecy" or at least lack of information about this trip, I'm wondering if they got picked up by a network....

EDIT: never mind. I just checked out the website and saw they are fully sponsored by Toyota and General Tire. Now if only General would come out with a M/T that was worth a darn.

With all the "secrecy" or at least lack of information about this trip, I'm wondering if they got picked up by a network....

maybe, but if so, I doubt that they would be bringing in independent camera crews. They are a talented group of videographers so the beauty of their team is that they can do/film as they go without having a bunch of tag along camera crews/staff to follow them. It really is a great setup. Looking forward to the new season.

brushogger

Explorer

I hope that is the case. If they did, I hope they're not made to add manufactured drama like the other off road cable shows. Their camaraderie is one of the things I like about their current series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998