Expedition Overland - 2015 Season

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Out of curiosity I've been trying to sort out what they are fogging with...

I'm not sure. On a previous trip we discussed the fogging more in depth, the gent applying the stuff wasn't super up to speed other than he wears a mask and tells us to stay away :D

River19

Observer
I agree that the latest series is far more produced and professional, but in some ways I liked the early stuff better as it had more of an approachable feel as you said 'friends doing a crazy road trip'. That less professional vibe gave more of a sense that these were normal guys doing something you and I could do if we just took the time. This, while far better from a production stand point, does loose some of that 'we're just regular Joe's' feeling. It's good, but if taken too far could start to feel like any other made-for-TV show

Agree 100%.

Rubicon

Observer
Episode 9 is now live :cool:

Very cool episode! Congrats to the ladies for 14th out of 125!!! Quote of the episode from Clay: "those are some pretty cool chicks." You can see the love & pride both guys have for their wives....

Now.... Is it Wednesday yet?

Jeremy P.

Adventurer
That episode really helped make it more clear what the Rallye is about; careful navigation and strategic moves to minimize route length while still hitting the checkpoints in the time limits, looks pretty cool! Too bad the girls didn't have bridging ladders for the trench though... ;)

CYK

Adventurer
Very cool episode! Congrats to the ladies for 14th out of 125!!! Quote of the episode from Clay: "those are some pretty cool chicks." You can see the love & pride both guys have for their wives....

Now.... Is it Wednesday yet?

Definitely the highlight of the series so far for me. Really cool to see couples truly in love and making it work even thousands of miles away. Bachelor for life here though. :D

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Kurt I would also like to say thank you for kindly putting up with us on the forum. It is greatly appreciated!!!!! I have enjoyed the show and will continue to do so. Griff is a great guy i had the chance to meet him at North West Overland Rally a few months ago his company Combat flip flops also heavily supports T5 and does really great work with a quality product. As to those who asked, T5 is 100% donations provided for all their supplies. Large corporations, Cruise ships, airlines,etc have to renew medical gear yearly(ish) regardless of expiration dates. It is surprisingly regulated on how to dispose of such items. Ex, oil company replaces entire stock of medical supplies per requirements, and throws them away. Someone comes along digs through trash, misuses something even Tylenol, now company is liable. T5 is a responsible, safe, and incredibly great outlet for the surplus supplies. The medic roll they are using is actually from a company called North American Rescue

http://www.narescue.com/portal.aspx?CN=B98329B7AC1E

and is called medic trauma/sheet bag. NAR produces extremely high end rescue/medical equipment. Most of their products have been seen in combat. I have 1 and it is a great product, also have a blackhawk medic roll and can vouch that they are not using one.

Kurt you and the XO team have found the secret to life, Simply put- Finding what you love and making it work for you. Me and the majority of us on the forum would do the exact same thing when/if we find a way. please excuse any errors as this was all typed from a blackberry. Yes i am 1 of the few who still loves his BB.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I don't believe in Volcanoes either! :elkgrin:

You Sir are very entertaining to watch. I hope you take part in the next trip where ever that might be.

Thanks, I appreciate you saying that. It was a fantastic experience and I'd jump at the chance to do it again.

Kurt I would also like to say thank you for kindly putting up with us on the forum. It is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks, it's been fun to watch the season unfold and chat with everyone about it.

...Griff is a great guy i had the chance to meet him at North West Overland Rally a few months ago his company Combat flip flops also heavily supports T5 and does really great work with a quality product.

Fantastic guy and a great company!

...Kurt you and the XO team have found the secret to life, Simply put- Finding what you love and making it work for you. Me and the majority of us on the forum would do the exact same thing when/if we find a way...

Jump when opportunities present themselves, and create them when the don't. I've been very fortunate to be involved with these gents and I'm thankful they thought of me. I was thanking a good friend for inviting me along on his Land Cruiser adventure and he said something that I'll never forget. "What fun would it be if I couldn't share it with others". I think about that all the time and while it has different scope and meaning to everyone... to me it has reminded me to invite others along to share in these adventures, be it a weekend camping trip or something more grandeur. Plan a trip and invite a friend. I heard another neat gent speak about his 4x4 adventures in Africa (Kingsley Holgate), everyone was hyper-focused on what gear to take, his favorite brand of tires, etc. His end answer struck me the most, "the best thing you can do is take an empty seat", referring to offering a ride to someone, be it a local who can tell you about the area or a friend. Another great thought to have.

AaronK

Explorer
Seems like you'd start believing in volcanos after spending so much time on them 😉

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
I just got caught up!! marathon watched all the way to south america season 6 a few weeks ago (wife was gone and I had free reign of the TV!!!)

I love how well these are put together and the content you guys provide!! I envy you so much for doing these trips..just the adventure (not so much the trail riding as I did that for 15yrs and competed WEROCK so trail riding is kinda dull now)..I look forward to each episode and hope to cross paths with this troop one day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle