Expeditions West 2004 Tacoma

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Hey John....I have some pics, and well, me being me, they are all friggin HUGE files...just like the last time when I had to e-mail them to you one at a time. I can burn them to a CD and bring them along on the powerline trip, it would be easier, and probably faster since it would take me about 3 weeks to e-mail them all.....

I don't know how this 'wheeling season will go. Right now I only have tuesday's off. I talked with my boss about this, and we are trying to reach a agreement that is mutually beneficial, and allows me some weekends off.....so we'll see. Hey, on that note, there is a area not too far from here that I want to explore sometime....eh.....check the north america section, I'll put info there instead of completely hijacking Scott's thread.....

Scott Brady

Founder
Thanks for the kind feedback all! The reason for the rhino lining, is that I intend to leave the rack on the truck, and want to be able to haul things on the rack/ lash them down, etc. Regular house work stuff and raw steel, etc. Things that would tear up powder-coat pretty quickly.

The truck stays in the garage, so I am not too worried about fading.

This weekend, I am going to get the aluminum sheet (1/8") installed and the shower and rear faucet installed. Then, I will take it to the coaters next week.

I also received the marine 12v fuse block (thanks baja and ddude), so I will start the compressor and optima install in the tool box too. I also ordered some really nice five wire, 14 gauge wiring. It has all five wires bundled, and a heavy sheath around it. I will use that to run from the aux. battery to the cab (for the fridge, radios, interters, etc.). I will post more pictures soon (I am in CA for the week :( )

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
expeditionswest said:
Thanks for the kind feedback all! The reason for the rhino lining, is that I intend to leave the rack on the truck, and want to be able to haul things on the rack/ lash them down, etc. Regular house work stuff and raw steel, etc. Things that would tear up powder-coat pretty quickly.

I see, that is a good reason. I would encourage you to compare samples of Rhino and Line-X before deciding though. The Line-X is a harder material, and in my experience holds up better (more cut resistant). But, the trade off is that things tend to slide around on top of it more than Rhino.

It looks like the truck is coming together nicely. Can't wait to see it back in the dirt.

Attachments

• 3908.jpg
    3908.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 6

bluerunner

Adventurer
Scott

I know the shower is going to be off the side of the driversside bed, but how is it going to tie in with the bed? I KNOW you will have picture soon, just curious.:coffee:

Scott Brady

Founder
Good question...

It actually mounts flush on the tent rack, set into the aluminum sheeting. The shower has a 4' long hose to the shower head, which will allow running the shower head into the shower enclosure (yet to be designed).

I will post some pics this weekend :)

bluerunner

Adventurer
Scott, have you had a chance to hook the shower up yet? and i would like to see more pics of the bed and the progress if you got any!

thanks!

:eatchicke

Scott Brady

Founder
Sorry, I did get a bit delayed with the canyoneering trek and work, but here is a teaser :p
tent_deployed.JPG

photo credit: BajaTaco.com

I plan on finishing the deck this week, so pictures should be pouring in...

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Scott, the wheels will look better if you take a black magic marker and "color" the weights to match the wheels. It will wear off over time, so I used to keep a "sharpie" in the glove box back when I had the black steelie's.....The tent looks good!

Scott Brady

Founder
Oh crap, I must eradicate the shiny wheel weights. How did I miss that (chomophobia setting in.... :smilies27 )

...running from office to garage with sharpie... :eek:

bluerunner

Adventurer
haha, i just have them put weights on the inside... no problems and no weights on the outside.

:coffee:

Last edited:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
expeditionswest said:
Oh crap, I must eradicate the shiny wheel weights. How did I miss that (chomophobia setting in.... :smilies27 )

...running from office to garage with sharpie... :eek:

********......"chromophobia".....

Suty

Adventurer
I have been very happy with my Extreme Air , I mounted it under the hood and plumbed it to a Tank in the Bed. I ended up using Braided Steel Hose from the Compressor to the Pressure Switch , about 4', heat from the Compressor kept making the normal hose pop off the Compressor head when the tank was approaching full (150psi). Take a look. Tu Compadres, Suty

Attachments

• DSCN0335 Medium Web view.jpg
    DSCN0335 Medium Web view.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 427

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman