Expo JKUR & $125K...?

JFarris

Wanderer
As I'm sitting here dreaming about what I would do...tell me what would you guys do if you had an expo'd out JKUR and $125K USD. Which direction would you go, north, south, east or west....and how long do you think you could make the money stretch if you had no bills other than travel expenses and insurance.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
I'd start out by heading west, then drop down through CO, hit AZ and UT, continue north into northern CA, OR and WA.

Grab a ferry up into AK, and spend some time there, before dropping back into the lower 48.

If I still had some cash left (and most likely would) then I would hit up the north east area, avoiding NY and NJ and any other 'Non Citizen Carry' friendly states.

With that much cash, I could easily spend 3+ years traveling around!

haven

Expedition Leader
I'd sell the Jeep and fly to Cape Town. Buy a Land Rover and head north. You won't have the time and energy to explore Africa when you're older.

Saiyan66

Adventurer
Not sure what I would do with the JKUR, I dont know that it is the ideal expo vehicle for me. But the 125k would give me the ability to see all of North America, South America, and Europe. I think thats about most of what I would want to see by vehicle at this point.

Rynomar

Observer
How much time do you have? I think I would start out with doing Alaska to Tierra Del Fuego, enjoying as much in between as possible. If you are still up for seeing more, I like the idea of selling the JK and picking up a Land Rover in Cape Town. There are a lot of possibilities with that kind of money!

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Why not drive?

I've driven the highway 4 times now, it's absolutely beautiful.

-Dan

Can't carry through Canada.

Although it doesn't cost much to ship to an FFL in AK, and drive up through Canada, and pick up once in AK. I've heard it's a pretty nice drive, especially if you like solitude (which I do!)

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Hmmm, I would map out a fishing map to areas that would allow me to fish every variety of trout and salmon around the world.

WareAmI

I would drive west, across all the northern US states, then head north up to Alaska. It's a drive I will do at some point in my life, hopefully sooner than later.

JFarris

Wanderer
I myself would head North to Alaska, then head east to Inuvik and the Arctic Ocean. From there I would head south, as far south as roads would take me, which would be the lowest part of South America. I figure expenses would be around $15K-$20K/YR at the very most....maybe I'm underestimating the costs though. That is living out of a vehicle.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I myself would head North to Alaska, then head east to Inuvik and the Arctic Ocean. From there I would head south, as far south as roads would take me, which would be the lowest part of South America. I figure expenses would be around $15K-$20K/YR at the very most....maybe I'm underestimating the costs though. That is living out of a vehicle.

Spot on. When I drove my TJ from Alaska to Tierra Del Fuego I spent $27k in 22 months.. so just shy of $15k/yr.

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger