Expo Portal Ham Radio Net, 05 Oct 2008 @ 19:00 MST

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
... on the Western Reflector node #9252

Net Control for the evening will be Lance, KE7NKP.

Topic will be the 2008 Expedition Trophy!

We're changing to the First Sunday of the month at 19:00 Mountain Standard Time (That converts to Monday at 02:00 AM UTC/GMT)

Please sign up below!

As usual, We need others to take the net control spot, and to suggest topics.

Any volunteers?

Mark - KE7IXX

Last edited:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Yeah I get to be net control....
You guys are gonna be led by a gimp :)
Ok I will say that this will be my first net control so please expect to laugh and be confused by my actions.
Lucky for all of us Mark-crawler has a script all ready to go...I just have to work on my announcer voice.

Sorry we missed everyone on the last net, we will reschedule the Disabled Explorer net for another time...

But since the Trophy is right around the corner this is your chance to talk about...
What in the heck it is...
Why is everyone so into it...
What are they doing secretly out there...
Preps...
Expereinces of those who have been before...

So even if you THOUGHT you had no interest in the Expo Trophy please join in the net to ask questions, provide comments or just to work your radio.

mr r2fj

Adventurer
Oh man, I'm going to be in NYC. Not sure if I want to take my HT with me or not, but I'll consider it just so I can razz Lance during net control.

1leglance

Come on Josh,
You gotta find a IRLP node in NYC and be the long distance winner for the net...
Besides the more the merrier!

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
I checked and where I'll be will be about 80 miles from the nearest IRLP repater that day, so I cannot make it.

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Looks like I've got a node to connect to - 3102 allowed me to connect to the Western Reflector today. So, if I'm back from my day trippin' in time, and if no one is using the node, I'll be there!

Mark

1leglance

I am having radio/antenna issues trying hard to get things working...keep listening or talk without me :)

1leglance

I had to drive a ways but I am now on 9252 if anyone wants to join in...will stay here till 2000
sorry for the problems on my end

Last edited:

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Sorry we missed you Lance.

Only had three check in's - Tim, Michael, and myself.

So, I guess it's open for discussion on if we keep the net active. We'll discuss that before the next net!

Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior