Expo Portal Ham Radio net on 17 June 2008 @ 19:00 PDST - Topic Mexico

mr r2fj

Adventurer
Sorry for starting a new thread. I figured I'd take the initiative here to help Mark while he's out since I found a good IRLP node that I can use. I didn't see anyone else sign up for net control, so I'll give it a try. If I'm mistaken PLEASE let me know. I don't want to step on any toes here and I'd hate to see the net time not utilized while Mark is recovering.

Topic is expedition travel in Mexico. Please sign up below with your call sign if you can make it. Hopefully we can get at least one person who has some experience there!

KE7PQW

Last edited:

mr r2fj

Adventurer
Rallyroo said:
Not as an expedition trip, but I've been to Mexico to see the World Rally Championships.

That would be awesome! Well if you're going to be there tomorrow night, please sign here with your call. Anyone else?

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
mr r2fj said:
That would be awesome! Well if you're going to be there tomorrow night, please sign here with your call. Anyone else?

I'll be on tomorrow night.

Joey
KE6VFA

Rallyroo

Expedition Leader
I just checked the IRLP status page and the node I use isn't listed anymore. Guess the node has been down for a while. Repeater is up, but IRLP is down.

:(

tibaal89

Adventurer
I'm not sure what happened to me there, but I was connected the whole time and was able to listen to the entire net... I think my battery was going crappo on my unit.

Thanks Mr R2 for being control and thanks everyone else for all the great and fantastically entertaining stories! :costumed-smiley-007

mr r2fj

Adventurer
Great net tonight! Thanks everyone for sharing their stories of international travel. Net control wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be. ;-)

Michael if we meet in person, we must hear more of this hole.. :yikes:

Oh and I hope Mark is healing fast!

mr r2fj

Adventurer
tibaal89 said:
I'm not sure what happened to me there, but I was connected the whole time and was able to listen to the entire net... I think my battery was going crappo on my unit.

Thanks Mr R2 for being control and thanks everyone else for all the great and fantastically entertaining stories! :costumed-smiley-007

Well keep in mind that the repeater has a much better range than your handheld. So even though you can receive, there's no guarantee of transmit even with a good battery. With that said batteries have definitely gotten me before as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998