Expo prepped Hummer H3T

tros

I LOV THE HUMMER LOOKS GOOOD i drive a H3 with winch 33.5 BFGs and bolder rack and piaa lites :victory::smiley_drive:

Err

Observer
Wow, happy to see a warm welcome to a Hummer owner and even another H3 owner on the board. I'll keep the updates rolling as the mods are completed. Always lots of little things on the list..

Unfortunately, the camera is usually rolling on our other activities and the H3t is forgotten. This is the sort of stuff that we're usually up to and where the camera stays pointed. The H3t does a great job of getting us to these spots->
AR10_Bike_4938.jpg

AR10_Sequence_0016.jpg

AR10_Sequence_0013.jpg

AR10_Sequence_0009.jpg

AR10_Bike_4528.jpg

Rot Box

Explorer
:Wow1::drool:

I didn't realize those had a front locker too! Cool pickup--looks like all the right things is all the right places. Thanks for sharing :wings:

Err

Observer
mcgall83001 - The waterfall/swimming hole is outside of Toquerville, near Zion NP. It's a cool spot with just some mellow wheeling to get out there.

stewie - The rack is just a stock Thule T2 with the extension to carry 4 bikes. The hitch sits up really high in the bumper on the Hummer so the whole rack up way up in the air. It works well and I've even done some mild wheeling with it on there, just have to be mindful of all that extra length.

ihatemybike - Judging by your screen name, another bike enthusiast. A recent but decidedly less adrenalin fueled shot for ya -
crest100210-1.jpg

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
I love that H3T! I have an 'old-school' '06 H3 (VIN after the valve issues) and drive the heck out of it like you. You make me want to go find a T :)

One thing to watch out for on the roof rails...I've had this issue (after lots of offroad washboard) and know of one other owner having it...the rivnuts that hold the roof rails in place can 'pull up' from the roof sheetmetal if you have a lot of vibration...based on your photos, it's something to keep in mind, especially with that RTT - even with 4 crossbows, the wind load up front will pull up on the front of the rails, possibly pulling the front rivnut out...if you start to hear a clicking sound above your head, that might be it coming loose...you'll need to pull off the rack and all the plastic trim to check, or just take it into a dealer since it's under warranty :)

Again, nice truck, I'm jealous you make me want to trade in mine for a T :)

Err

Observer
alaskintinbender - Next up, I need to finish hooking up those lights on the bumper. Beyond that I need to find a better spot to hookup my power inverter and I do want to start looking at solar and an AGM battery.

evldave -Ran into the roof rack issue early on. Actually, I broke a foot on one of my Thule towers and tore up a few of the riv-nuts. The dealer has been great about fixing the riv-nuts and I think we have them all sorted for the moment. With the 4 crossbars the load is much more evenly balanced (it's worth noting that the riv-nuts that failed were the ones closest to each of the four towers). Hopefully it's fixed solid now. To help things along, I put a hoist for the tent in my garage and don't leave it on there when I'm not using it. If I keep having problems, might have to look at welding in some reinforcement. That or switch to a flippac.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman