Expo/wheeler ready LX450

lt1fire

Adventurer
Not mine, posting for a friend over on IH8MUD
Asking $14,900 OBO..probably one of the most expensive to come on here in awhile so I'll take the ribbing as I've dished it out myself but I have yet to see many on here in this decent of shape and list of mods. Hell I might even throw in a parts vehicle for a couple bucks as well if the already sold engine doesn't get paid for and picked up by the point this sells.

Where is the emoticon for crying. I know I should be happy that we now have a kid on the way but I seem to be crying that I have to sell my current baby. But in all reality I have not wheeled this ONCE since I have built it up. Mainly because Southern Alabama sucks but also becuase I have not had the time and I'm sure the upcomming deployments later next year and the continuing flight school with a kid is not going to change this. I will also be selling my 40 when I finish it in January so keep an eye out on that one. I have 7 months to get rid of this but I am open to reasonable offers or possible trades (must be diesels). Especially trades for a newer Diesel SUV that my wife will need over her current ride. Was going to hold onto this and sell the FJ43 but I can always build another one of these (Albeit with a **** ton of money and time necessary)...but the FJ43 would be a bit harder.

So here goes the Ad. I'm sure I'll forget tons of things

1997 LX450 with approx 220K miles and factory lockers.
New Radiator and Brakes all around, has new upholstery in front, rebuilt power steering pump and did general tune up with dist, plugs, wires, etc about 3K miles ago. Beautifully black under nieght and not a SPEC of rust anywhere on the vehicle...wait there is one...on rear window wiper arm as I bought it from someone up in PA but i sanded and painted. Have an extra on the parts vehicle if that gets to you.

As for the Mods
Early Complete Slee Lift with 5" Comp Coils (very heavy duty). Have extra spacers for the rear if you want to put in a lot of weight. Without the wait it sits buggy that way.
Slee D.C. Driveshaft
Early F.O.R Bilsteins...much nicer ride though I ran out of adapters and only have one on but I can tell the difference over the OME L's.
Full size roof rack
48" farm jack
315 KM2s with less than 1K miles on them
Extended Brake lines and diff breathers
Slee Skid Plate
Slee Sliders
Washer fluid relocation
Slee Rear bumper with tire swing out and full 35" MTR Spare 100% Tread
Has pintle and Ball hook up for those trailer expo guys
ARB Front bumper
Warn 12K Winch with Syn Rope and wireless remote (good for up to 100') Have extra switches for in-cab control as well but figured why with the remote.
Slee DC front Driveshaft
PA Speaker so I can yell at people
Keeping my CB but that is what I use
1200W Continuous inverter where the 6CD Changer was...almost perfect fit
LED Lights thruout the entire interior
Aftermarket stereo for Sat radio and Ipod
Put the slimline Polk 6.5" speaks in the front, some phoenix golds in the back and was going to mod the center sub for my interior speaker for the CB but didn't not get there yet.
I've done the 7 Pin mod and put in a CDL switch
Also have OEM Hand Throttle (nice for running that York)
Speaking of which have York onboard Air setup I have not installed yet
I also have a sweet self monitoring Dual Battery setup with 3FE OEM battery tray (waiting on delivery). As soon as it arrived I was going to stick it in but did not get there yet.
White face gauges (have not been put in yet as I was going to order a few LED's to replace the D light that was out)
Viper remote start (about ready to rip out of vehicle as I hate the thing and is causing me problems again)
Brand spanking new DEPOT headlights. Was going to do the projector MOD to them but again they just came in. I also have the Toyota grill to make these work with the LX450.
Have extra switches and perfect fit grid heaters for the heated mirrors option. Just never got a chance to put them in. I was waiting until we moved to somewhere cold and I could order the seat warmers and put those in as well.
Also have switch and extra security garage door opener (brand new in box) for interior garage door opener.

Missing the adjuster on the driver side seat but still works, screw in drivers door handle...kinda annoying sometimes. Needs new high pressure hose on powersteering resiviour to pump. I should have replaced it like everyone said to do when I rebuilt. I did not and now it leaks. EGR light on. I tried the redneck fix but it keeps comming back on every couple hundred miles. I guess I need some sort of resistor for it. Has a scratch (rebar on the one time I took it on a side road). Hood is fading. Hmmm also weather stripping around drivers window just seemed to disappear and I can hear the wind comming thru it a bit. Window was always kinda slow when it got below 40 anyway so probably needs the new seals as others have done to fix the slow drivers window. Font end doesn't leak anything and really clean around birfs. That being said the upper trunions on both sides are starting to wear and result in a slight vibration between 50-60MPH. Heater vents missing a few grills but all work fine. Broken antenna mast. Motor works fine but mast is snapped on last few inches. Tape around intake boot.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is the original link
http://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-tr...8-1997-lx450-nicely-built-factory-locked.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle