ExpoScout's 03 Tundra

ExpoScout

Explorer
So it's been a bit since an update. Stuff like updating forums gets put on the back burner when you move across the country. :elkgrin:

Wheels and tires and lift have been great. I found a leer top the other day for $50 and got it fitted. It actually is not for the tundra, isn't the same color, but the size was reallllly close, so for $50 I made it work :)

The camper top is something I really debated. I enjoyed having the one that came on the truck originally but I didn't like the style. I thought about a bed rack and a rooftop tent but that would've been difficult with the dogs. Being out west now, where the weather gets colder, I liked the idea of the hard camper the more I thought about it.

So I think I will build a sleeping platform. A camper trailer of some sort might be on the horizon too (when the Mrs. needs more amenities) but this way I'll have options depending on how rough the road is to where I'm going and how long I'm going to be there.

I've got the inverter I need to install soon too. I'm also on the hunt for bumpers. I need some type of communications in the truck. All this should keep my winter pretty busy. Pics of the camper soon!

toyotech

Expedition Leader
It's probably because they couldn't get the caster within specs lol. Take it to shops that actually work on toyotas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ExpoScout

Explorer
It's probably because they couldn't get the caster within specs lol. Take it to shops that actually work on toyotas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, you might be right. I'm not on the east coast anymore...so I'll have to find someone for toyota specific stuff that I can't do myself.

AaronK

Explorer
Looks like a year newer twin to mine! I also have a white AC with a gray shell on it. Where out west have you moved to?

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

AaronK

Explorer
Here's my twinsie to yours
f3517dcd9db02914e9dbfeb5ecd35410.jpg

Shradicalwyo

Adventurer
Should we start a club for white ACs with grey toppers? Your truck is like a cleaner version of mine with black wheels.

Also, what part of Wyo are ya in now? I'm in Jackson but grew up in Laramie and will be there in the next week or so for thanksgiving break

AaronK

Explorer
Wyoming's beautiful country. I want to get back to Yellowstone one of these years

ExpoScout

Explorer
Should we start a club for white ACs with grey toppers? Your truck is like a cleaner version of mine with black wheels.

Also, what part of Wyo are ya in now? I'm in Jackson but grew up in Laramie and will be there in the next week or so for thanksgiving break

Ha, looks like we might have to. Shoot me a PM, you'll be close by.

ExpoScout

Explorer
Did some exploring in the medicine bow range today. Nice sticky snow for most of the ride...and the weather couldn't have been better.

11spea8.jpg

aWWBwsM.jpg

CVyUg2y.jpg

Last edited:

HighPlains

Observer
Have you built your console yet? Im interested to see what you come up with, I've noticed there seems to be a lot of wasted space with mine.

Im pretty sure I've seen your truck around town, did you add a rack to your topper? I have one of the 4 or 5 red double cabs running around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78