Express van seat rail removal

surfwagoneer

Im sure this is on here somewhere but has anyone just removed the heat shield from under their van to access the bolts to the passenger rail instead of drilling them out from the top?

whith

I remember seeing somewhere at some point where somebody (how vague is that?) removed the seat rails but I seem to remember they were not just bolted through but rather riveted. I could be wrong though. That's maybe the most unhelpful post I've ever made...sorry. I'd be interested to see what you find out though if you try and tackle this.

marret

I am not fully understanding. I thought my seats had bases bolted to the floor and seat rails bolted to the bases.

whith

I think they are talking about the mounts for the rear seats which your van may not have. The passenger vans have rails running along the rear of the body for the passenger seats that you sit them in and push a large L shaped pin through to fix them in place.

marret

I think they are talking about the mounts for the rear seats which your van may not have. The passenger vans have rails running along the rear of the body for the passenger seats that you sit them in and push a large L shaped pin through to fix them in place.

Roger, that must be it. My van is a cargo van. Thanks for the clarification. I have no answer for the question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179