External Storage Ideas

bucketfan

Hello All!

Thought I'd run this by the crowd here before I go ahead and do something for once, so much skill and creativity I'd be really curious to hear ideas!

So, I have built an offroad camping rig- big kitchen area in the rear (hatch opens up) and I have some unused space outside.

I'm looking for a smart way to transport my:
- luggable loo
- large water jubs
- gas cans
- firewood ?

Things that can go outside so its not a big load/unload @ camp situation. We have side runners just over a foot wide that are sturdy, they have steel underneath, and wood fiberglassed to them. The front portion on one side is taken up by the man door, the other side is where I will relocate the spare tire to come next spring. But I'm looking for some cool racks or cool ideas for the rear half of these runners for outside storage!

Any thoughts ? :costumed-smiley-007

2nty4w9.jpg

2eauxdz.jpg

Chazz Layne

Administrator
Just use a bucket. (sorry, couldn't resist :D )

The usual suspects are pretty much perfect when it comes to fuel or water cans in that situation. For the rest (or with fuel/water too!), I'm a big fan of L-track: http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Ratchet-Straps-Tie-Downs/Airline-Straps-Hardware
Two strips of L-track (one on the inside edge and one on the outside edge), matched with a few of the tie-down options, and you can safely carry just about anything. As a bonus, reconfiguring is a simple matter of unhooking (or unbolting, if you use these) and reattaching.

Mushin_Noshin

Adventurer
Propane mount is a good start or jerry can mounts in front of or behind fenders.
And how about more info on your trailer, looks pretty nice!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bucketfan

Propane mount is a good start or jerry can mounts in front of or behind fenders.
And how about more info on your trailer, looks pretty nice!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hey thanks man! I have been waiting for a sunny day to get some finished pics, I only wrapped it up 2 weeks ago in a whirlwind, took it on a 7 night trip, making some last minute tweaks.. Next sunny day I'm going to get proper pics and finish my build thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12