F-150 SAS

kozmobrown

I should add that although I would like to take credit, I did not do the work myself. It was done by RPM Fab in AZ.

Hovenator1

Very cool. Mind my asking roughly what this cost? These trucks can be had for dirt cheap around here and this conversion might make one worth buying:smiley_drive:

kozmobrown

The front bumper was also made by RPM Fab (Arizona)

The SAS will run you about $10k for everything including brakes.

The donor axle was from a 79 F250

kozmobrown

I believe I'll continue looking at f250/350's for an expo/tow rig

I think that is a better option too. I only went through with it because I already had the F150 and it was otherwise in great condition with other additions for my needs. Of course if you have the tools and skills then youcan do it much cheaper.

bftank

Explorer
we are going to need more detailed pics if you paid $10k for it. i want to see what made the swap so crazy expensive. i see the arb, better axles as well? rcv? longs? drilled and slotted rotors? aluminum hubs? deaver springs?

kozmobrown

I'll work on some more pics this weekend. The rotors and breaks are were installed brand new. Anyway, I am happy with the way it works and plan on having it a long time. I know a many of you here could have done it a lot cheaper, but I did not have the skills nor did I have a place to perform the work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears