1999 Jeep XJ For Sale
4.6l Golen I-6 stroker dyno'd at 278hp / 307 lb-ft

• Clean title in hand
  • Passed VA safety and emissions inspection December 2020
  • 200,500 +/- miles on the chassis
  • 9,500 +/- miles on the engine
  • 8,500 +/- miles on the trans
  • Located in Alexandria, VA. Will ship or drive it home
  • I'm happy to do a Facetime or Google Meet walk-around and answer any questions via email or phone. Masks required for anyone who wants to view or test drive.

$20k as listed

xj@teamxjk.com

Check out more pictures here or on our Instagram

20160609_IMG_20160609_211320.jpg20180731_IMG_20180731_103638.jpg20200626_IMG_20200626_141043.jpgImage_1_2019-01-02_15-57-03.jpgdyno_nate_3.jpg

With much reluctance I'm selling my XJ. I've owned "Betty" since 2013 and have rebuilt most of her in that time. The itemized parts and upgrade list is below. As you can see, this is not a budget build and I have north of $75k into her not including the initial purchase. She was featured in the January/February 2019 edition of Tread magazine which tells the genesis story of how and why I built her. (See the pictures for the article X-Jolly Roger: Striking the perfect balance in a '99 Jeep XJ.) It took years of tuning and upgrading to get her to where she's comfortable enough to drive for 12+ hours on the highway, wheel and camp out of for a week and then drive another 12+ hours home. If you're looking for a truck that will outperform built JKs on the trail and is setup for two people to comfortably camp out of, this is your rig. She's been tested in five Vermont Overland Trophy competitions and every trip brought another upgrade and tweak to the setup.

All work was done by either Wilson Steely Kustom Coachworks in Athol, MA or Chaos Fab Shop in Winchester, VA. As a platform, she's solid. I've repaired the normal XJ rust spots including welding in a new rear shock mount and replacing the rockers with plate. She's a 22 year old XJ and has the normal XJ issues - the door pins sag a little and there are some annoying squeaks behind the dash that I haven't gotten around to addressing. She'll handle 70mph on the highway all day long and rides smoother than stock.Check out a highway video here.

This is a well-built rig that has had all work done by professional shops and it has been tested and retested on the trail. She's served me very well particularly in the last 6 years as I started overlanding and my usage changed from VA/WVA day trip trails to long-distance travel which required living out of her for a week plus at a time. I have wheeled her hard but she's been well cared for. The exterior is head-turning and the suspension is amazing. It took me 5 years to tune the suspension to be able to handle 1000 pound payload on the trails and to do so in comfort. The interior is fine. She doesn't smell but won't win any beauty contests. I replaced the stock seats with Corbeau reclining suspension seats which are really comfortable. I installed heat shield and sound deadening but she's still loud on the highway due to the MT/Rs. The carpet has stains and the seats have a couple of random tears but nothing that makes them unusable or unsightly. There is no carpet in the cargo area and I have installed S-track to tie down gear.

So why am I selling her? I have 3 Jeeps, no garage and limited driveway space. I built a 2006 LJ and that is taking up my free time and I want to start rebuilding the motor in my 86 CJ. So, I'm reluctantly selling her - hopefully to good home.

Check out more pictures here

Powertrain:
  • 4.6l Golen Stroker - 278hp / 307 lb-ft (2016 install, 9,500 miles - dyno sheet)
  • AW4 auto trans remanufactured from Powertrain Direct (2017 install, 8,500 miles)
  • NP231 2:1 transfer case
Driveline:
  • Dana 30 front with RCVs, Artec truss - gusseted and inner Cs; 4.88 Yukon gears, Yukon Zip (air) locker - built and installed by Chaos Fab Shop, Winchester, VA
  • G2 Dana 44 rear with 4.88 gears, disc brake upgrade and ARB air locker (2018 install)
  • Custom length driveshafts
  • 33" x 12" Goodyear MT/R Kevlars on Crager Soft 8 rims - about 50% tread left
Suspension:
  • Custom 6" long arm lift - Iron Rock Offroad rear leafs with added load leaf, Iron Man Fab front A arms
  • Custom King Offroad by-pass shocks (rebuildable)
  • Terraflex Speedbump hydraulic bumpstops
  • Curry Anti-Rock front sway bar
Steering:
  • Curry 1 ton steering
  • PSC hydraulic assist ram steering

Armor, body and misc:
  • Front Runner Slimline II roof rack
  • Custom Monstaliner bedliner paint job with jolly roger graphic
  • Napier Precision fender flares (drivers rear is cracked)
  • Superwinch 12,000 lb winch with synthetic line and thimble
  • Shittybuilt front winch bumper
  • JCR high clearance "cut and fold" rear bumper with tire carrier and Rotopax integrated storage
  • Iron Rock Offroad sliders
  • Rockers replaced with plate steel
  • Transfer case, oil pan and gas tank skid plates
  • Rear quarter rocker armor
  • Frame stiffeners (I don't remember the brand)
  • Trucklight LED headlights
  • Corbeau reclining 5-point compatible suspension seats
  • ThermoTec Cool It heat shield/sound deadening matting applied to the tub
  • S-track cargo tie-downs in cargo area
  • Cowl snorkel
  • 20" bumper mounted LED light bar - driving pattern
  • Four (4) work pattern LED alley lights on roof rack
  • Two (2) 10w work lights in rear hatch
  • Custom switch panels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members