F/S: 2006, LR3 (Discovery 3) HSE, 130,000miles, Kitted for all Adventures $15,995USD

shedlock2000

Observer
Thanks to all those who have paid interest to Zara, and thanks to all those who have taken the time to ask some questions. As indicated in a few posts above, I am moving to Halifax to undertake my PhD -- a Journey of 4500 miles. I shall be towing my house in a trailer all the way and need a good tow vehicle.

For the journey, I shall be replacing the front air springs and front wheel bearings for the trip -- even though none of these parts have failed, and do not show evidence of imminent failure. I have not yet replaced them and am aware that they tend to have a life time and, having a long journey ahead of me, I do not really wish to engender the potential of a mid trip failure -- especially as I must live in the vehicle for the duration of my trip (broke student). The OEM parts alone are over $1800CAD; their fitting would cause my sale price to go up, not down!

While I am sensitive to the high value of the vehicle as seen by other's eyes, the point in selling her is to cash out the investment I have in her and replace her with something less expensive and less modified. However, a recent search shows that there are almost no suitable replacement vehicles in Nova Scotia -- and certainly nothing that are anywhere near the price that I would have to spend if I reduced the price for Zara; the nearest I can find is a slightly tatty 2005 V6 with 250,000km and no HSE package for $15,000 -- nowhere near the quality of Zara, and nowhere near as modified.

Were I to sell Zara now, and take a significant hit on the price, I would not be able to replace her with anything of similar quality at all in Halifax, and this is a significant issue. My intention was to switch her out for a FFRR, paying about $11,000 - 12,000 for a 2006 (there are several available in my province for this price) -- but the lack of vehicles for sale on the East cost (and the fact that all East cost vehicles all have fairly significant rust issues where mine does not), means that I would be foolish to continue with the sale -- despite increased interest in the vehicle over the past week.

All that is to say many thanks for all the interest in the vehicle; but I must retract my sale, as my sale price when I arrive in Halifax will be several thousand dollars more than its current price. This price hike will reflect the new wheel bearings, air springs, and fuel and water storage solutions that have been purchased for the trip from Front Runner (another $1000). This price hike, of course, would not be well received and would likely result in greater difficulty selling the vehicle. I would prefer to stay with a vehicle so well maintained than to access a smaller amount of capital and replace Zara with a very unknown and potentially unreliable vehicle.

Thanks again, All!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle