F150 overland build

Raul B

Explorer
Lol, you're all over the place. Went from maybe going long travel to possibly selling your truck on within 3 posts.

Good luck with whatever route you go.

You should get this one...it's ready to go haha http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/4539924153.html

lol i didnt see the link on tapatalk last night. that thing is huge. but... here is a picture of my old excursion
IMG_2786.jpg

if i get the new one it will be with a 4" 4link kit with coilovers. I also plan on doing cut out fenders to be able to fit 40" tires. My old excursion had 40" tires but was also on a 10.5" lift. it actually drove and rode great....

Big50

Adventurer
Damn, that thing is a beast! Sounds like a sweet suspension setup. My buddy has a 4 link on his f350 and loves it. He went out with us in the desert and was able to keep up with us reasonable well.

It's funny, I didn't realize you could get Excursions for a very reasonable price until I looked them up on craigslist. Based on the amount of time and type of offroading I know a cage is in my future. If/when that happens I know my truck will no longer be appropriate for family road trips and I think an Excursion might be what takes its place.

Raul B

Explorer
I finally received my ram mount in this past Friday. I bought the no drill mounting solution with tablet mount as well as the x grip phone suction cup mount.
2egyhequ.jpg

mygugy9y.jpg

y7y7u5ad.jpg

y6e5yqyv.jpg

r3run33

Adventurer
raul hello been away a while and did not have time for catch up;

the arc pak sorry will do some research and get back to you about the extra ones you have "if" you still have them. My problem was that is had plugs for things which I probably don't need b=and not enough regular USA plugs. If I remember right it only has 2 120 plugs? on you trip you mentioned you had some items plugged in did you just use an extension cord?

Your F150 question I have a friend down the street with a 2014 raptor 10K miles and has had issue with his 4wd I posted this with another tread on a raptor build. I was shopping for a possible new truck and he was trying to get me to go to a raptor so he has a travel buddy lol but I am worried about this IWF vacuum set up that Ford uses. It seems really bad to me a fairly new truck with this type of problem (dealership replaced vacuum lines/solenoid/and cv) Have you had any of these issues??

Raul B

Explorer
New addition. Now I have to figure out where to mount it. If I put it on top of my decked system it ends up being really high and I can not open the lid.
4012fab45bff5158b071d4b490d80e1b.jpg

Raul B

Explorer
I was going to do a trip report but realized that i have no picture of the ride down the trail to the campsite so ill just throw up what i have on here

Ranger Station before you hit the trail head
20140824_095054_zpsacp7n39s.jpg

this is on our way out on sunday but this is the trail head down to Monache meadows
20140824_093351_zpscqqlh7qv.jpg

I cant remember if this was coming down or going back up
IMG_1376_zpskvidk7mp.jpg

This is at the bottom of the first part of the "hard" part of the trail. after this its pretty much a smooth dirt road for about 30 min
IMG_1377_zpsb7svbw8u.jpg

IMG_1378_zpsrtfjytrs.jpg

IMG_3391_zpsuwtovpzy.jpg

20140822_151810_zpsdd8bhcec.jpg

At our campsite for the rest of the weekend
IMG_9732_zps9499f253.jpg

IMG_9737_zps2726996d.jpg

Trying out my new ARB fridge. it was hooked up to the Arkpak from Friday until monday and it did great.
IMG_9750_zps28b83118.jpg

We were camped right next to the river.
IMG_9765_zps90d82cbc.jpg

kevin and I met some new friends and decided to go on a small hike with them
IMG_9793_zps7cd1b130.jpg

IMG_9795_zpse89477c1.jpg

some of the locals
IMG_9798_zpsb097a35a.jpg

IMG_9801_zpsfc16eca2.jpg

IMG_9807_zpsedd99026.jpg

IMG_9815_zps9c32a987.jpg

Kevins setup is soo nice. here he is heating up some chili for saturday nights dinner
IMG_9817_zps3ab538df.jpg

i was trying to get a good night shot but forgot my tripod so this is the best i could do with just holding the camera very still
IMG_9865_zps1db306f8.jpg

on our way back home
20140824_085740_zpslfhkqouo.jpg

20140824_103958_zpsukwqsl5m.jpg

Last edited:

r3run33

Adventurer
hello so it ran straight from friday to monday on the ARK; how was the drain on the battery??? Really interested in this product. Wanted to get the Goal Zero but it will not do for some higher voltage requirements

r3run33

Adventurer
I know a lot depends on the battery being used but what is the capacity? Meaning what battery are you using? plus can these be recharged??

Raul B

Explorer
I know a lot depends on the battery being used but what is the capacity? Meaning what battery are you using? plus can these be recharged??

im running just a simple duralast marine deep cycle battery. i got my Arkpak the night before a trip so i just went with whatever i could find. If i had time i would have chosen a Sears platinum AGM battery. Im sure a better battery would perform way better..

uscg2008

Explorer
You could get one of those flip down holders for fridge so you can put it on the decked system you have in your bed or on a simple slide if you wanted a cheaper option

Raul B

Explorer
You could get one of those flip down holders for fridge so you can put it on the decked system you have in your bed or on a simple slide if you wanted a cheaper option
Those flip down slide things are like 700.00. Which is not in the budget a reg slide won't work because by the time I add the thickness of the slide the fridge hits the shell when you try to slide it out.

Honestly I'm probably going to sell the decked system and make my own setup so I can integrate a reg slide for the fridge all the way at the bottom of the bed.

MR. ED

Observer
Raul B. sweet set up. I just got a 13 5.0 and I love it. I was curious if you knew how to deactivate all the interior/exterior lights that turn on when the doors are opened? That's my only complaint with the truck. And maybe the doors seem a little thin. But, 36 gallon tank and almost 20 MPG! Great platform for long excursions. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle