F150 overland build

Raul B

Explorer
Almost done..... This is the first Mercenary Offroad bumper for an F150... Better shot will be posted once it's painted and complete...

97a4fa098a438ab1725af7bcbbb3628e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Raul B

Explorer
Time to get her all clean so that I csn get her all dirty again this weekend with overlanding USA...
10b46535a6cad327622efba8edeb8d13.jpg

Raul B

Explorer
Had a great weekend on the trails with overlanding USA. More pictures to come.

3fefe6929b2c90b1605ff096d7cdf1af.jpg

Raul B

Explorer
After a weekend of fun and my Bumper complete I now have a new lists of things that need to get done to the OverlandF150 build..
  • Suspension! I have gone as far as I can with the stock suspension. The options (performance and price) of the major brands (king, icon, radflo ect)
  • Rock sliders: Seeing that no one makes real rocksliders for my rig my only option is custom. Mercenary offroad already said he can make some but the cost is almost as much as the bumper.....
  • Underbody armor: Only company that makes some is RCI metal works.
  • On board air: After having to air up with my lil 12v vair compressor its def time to upgrade to something better and hard mounted
  • Dust Dust and more Dust. The back of the bed was caked with dust after Saturdays trail ride.. I'm going to be looking to have someone make an internal cover for the Lietner rack made out of canvas so I can remove it whenever I want.
  • Kitchen setup: Its time to upgrade my kitchen setup. new pots/ table / burner ect.

Now that my wife fully experience a overland trip without kids she is hooked making it a little easier to spend money on the rig to make it better.. that being said there is still a lot of $$$ that is going to have to be invested in the rig to get her finished.. this will be slow build to the finish.

hope you guys have enjoyed the build so far.. stay tuned for more to come....
05256f3bf4d4d80410a93952745d9448.jpg

mizedog

Observer
Love that bumper! Wish they had one with an air scoop for the Ecoboost, and a front receiver hitch for a winch.

Great build. Really nice truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

mizedog

Observer
After this year's snow season, I will have to get new shoes. I like the streetability of the 275/55r 20s. But, I really don't like the lack of sidewall. I have already cracked one Platinum wheel which had to be welded up again.
Thinking of going 275/60r 20s, or even finding some 18" wheels.

D45

Explorer
I think that 17s or 18s should only be on these trucks

The 20s look decent, but the small sidewall affects ride quality and offroad traction

mizedog

Observer
I think that 17s or 18s should only be on these trucks

The 20s look decent, but the small sidewall affects ride quality and offroad traction
I'm coming from Jeep rock crawlers, so my experience would agree with your statement. I have to admit the 20s do handle well on the curving mountain roads. My brother-in-law has a nearly identical Platinum f150. He kept the 20s, but went 275/60r 20. They do look more truck like but only add a small amount to the sidewall.
Thanks.

Raul B

Explorer
Our camping setup has changed in the last couple of years but our current setup seems to be on point. Our leitnerdesigns active cargo system with our cvttents makes for a great combo as well as being able to store most of our gear in our deckedusa drawers. Let's not forget our newest addition of our falkentire Wild Peak MT and our mercenaryoffroad front bumper....

c5b7747065fea38bfb85eec9bbbb4299.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12