f450 and sme questions

zimm

Expedition Leader
good point. i wonder if the wheel is mounted either way. looks like solid flat plate center.

tbared

Life participant
There are a number of wheel example to go with for super singles on 450/550's i went with 20" because of the availability of aggressive tall tires. When you use a 22/24" rim aggressive tires are hard to come by. With my Michelin XL's(42" tall) on 20" rims i went with fiberglass fenders all corners with 2" of lift( i just used taller coils on the front to level out the rig because of the leaf pack on made the front sit 2' lower). The only reason i lifted it was to level it. I could have the rear leafs repacked to lower them back, but i still need the hauling capability of the 550. It has turned out incredible. not too high but a huge improvement in snow and ruts, not to mention mpg on the highway. I spent 400 a piece on split rims and of course 500 on the tires a piece. But, i bought used military surplus tires while doing all the fitment till i decided what i liked. I could even go with 44" Michelins xls on 20" with no trouble. As for tracking, i intentionaly had them made not to track though(personal choice) but any wheel maker will make them track for you when you flip them. just have rims made, i searched and toilled the idea of using adapters, but by the time you purchased rims and adpaters, just have rims made. You are of course stuck with them if u have trouble and need a spare, but i just went with a full spare. Do not go new diesel, DEF will only be around a few years, its a pink elephant. Stick with the diesel you have, buying new right now is not a wise choice, american diesel technology is bass ackwards right now. We are so far behind the world on clean Diesel tech right now(my vent, sorry).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12