Falken wildpeak AT on a 2005 Superduty

TXscout

Observer
Good Morning, I've been cruising this site for awhile and have learned more in a month than during my 8yr interest in overlanding. I have seen a lot of rave reviews for the Falken Wildpeak AT tire but many of them have been on smaller vehicles. Anyone out there have these on their 1 ton and love them? Thanks for any input!

kris

Observe
I know a few people running them on road and even more racing on them.
They are a decent affordable tire, but I didnt feel they were aggressive enough for my needs. Really depends how you will be using them. They will be great on the highway and sand, but they do not shed even the lightest mud. I went with the Toyo AT2 and couldnt be happier.

k.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
I have Wildpeak 37's on my truck. I live in the southwest, they work great in the terrain I frequent. I also drove in snow and ice last winter and they worked great there too. They might not work in deep mud but I don't see much of that. It is an all terrain tread. If you need a mud tire, Falken has a wildpeak MT for you.

TXscout

Observer
PAPPA, I'VE BEEN FOLLOWING YOUR POSTS FOR AWHILE AND AM REALLY IMPRESSED WITH THE BUILD AND YOUR PHOTOS. I'M IN TEXAS, NOT ORIGINALLY FROM, AND AM STARTING TO GET OUT MORE. I DRIVE ALOT OF HIGHWAY MILES AS MY F350 IS MY DAILY DRIVER, BUT TAKE IT ON SAND AND DIRT OFTEN. I GUESS I AM LOOKING FOR A TIRE THAT PERFORMS GREAT ON THE ROAD BUT WON'T LEAVE ME STUCK DURING OFFROAD ADVENTURES. WITH A F350 CCLB, I WON'T BE DOING ANY ROCK CRAWLING, BUT DO MANAGE TO GET IT INTO SOME REASONABLE TERRAIN.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
PAPPA, I'VE BEEN FOLLOWING YOUR POSTS FOR AWHILE AND AM REALLY IMPRESSED WITH THE BUILD AND YOUR PHOTOS. I'M IN TEXAS, NOT ORIGINALLY FROM, AND AM STARTING TO GET OUT MORE. I DRIVE ALOT OF HIGHWAY MILES AS MY F350 IS MY DAILY DRIVER, BUT TAKE IT ON SAND AND DIRT OFTEN. I GUESS I AM LOOKING FOR A TIRE THAT PERFORMS GREAT ON THE ROAD BUT WON'T LEAVE ME STUCK DURING OFFROAD ADVENTURES. WITH A F350 CCLB, I WON'T BE DOING ANY ROCK CRAWLING, BUT DO MANAGE TO GET IT INTO SOME REASONABLE TERRAIN.

That sums up what I do also. I travel all over AZ, NV and CA. I drive a lot of road miles to get where I'm going. That's why I chose the Wildpeaks. If I was back east or in midwest mud I might pick the MT. Both are great tires. Why are you shouting, lol.

plh

Explorer
I had these on my '05 Montero (monocoque chassis) for about 30K miles. Pretty loud on this chassis. Moved them over to my '92 (on frame chassis) and are silent. On both vehicles the tires give a really stable feeling on the highway and are excellent in all conditions that I have driven them.

Sooper Camper

Adventurer
they are good tires, we ran them on our CCLB Dodge at work for quite a while. They do need a little bit of grooving once you get halfway through the tread as some of the blocks aren't cut all the way through. Personally, I like this...it helps the tire hold together longer, and tire grooving is a good excuse to spend a Saturday with a 6 pack and several of your favorite albums sitting in the driveway making a mess.

SageSam

I had them on my 2001 Ford F150 and was fairly pleased with them. A bit softer compound, so good in the snow, decent on mud and rock, a bit squiggly on pavement.

However, I just went back to a 3-ply sidewall on my new truck (St Maxx's) for peace of mind.

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Wore like iron, but at 29k and still with 65% tread remaining, they wouldn't track worth a damn. Wandered so bad we sold them and went to a tweener tire, the DuraTrac. Bit louder, much better traction.

I use the Toyo AT2 Xtreme on the PW, and have been pleased. Probably will stay with them or go to the new Toyo R/T next time.

Sent via Carrier Pigeon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman