Falken Wildpeak AT4W

JaSAn

Grumpy Old Man
I have 15,000 miles on a set of AT3Ws. They replaced Cooper Discoverer AT3s.
They work well on gravel, sand, snow, hard-packed snow. They are noisier than the Coopers on concrete.

Hnoroian

Observer
I have 5X,XXX miles on my AT3W set when they first came out and have enjoyed them all around. I’m sure these will replace the set next year when I need to replace them.

N.Penley

I finally got to drive in the snow since putting these tires in my trailer boss in the spring. I was always a BFG KO2 fan but these are a far batter price for similar performance and ride. My wrangler will be getting a set to match the truck soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Interesting. I also switched things up on the current tires going from BFG KO2 to AT3W. I'm happy overall, the snow performance was one reason, as was the 60k warranty.

Looks like Falken offers a 3-ply sidewall on some sizes. That's one thing I liked about BFG tires. We haven't rigorous data but anecdotally within the circle of club people I travel with significantly more 2-ply Goodyear sidewalls are cut than 3-ply BFG.

N.Penley

The only sidewall failure I saw on a BFG was due to a truck being loaded onto a car dolly that was too small after the transmission went out. When the truck came off the dolly the dolly fender slashed the tire. I’ve not seen one damaged in the mountains but I’m sure plenty have.

If I was still towing a 10,000 lb tractor with my 1/2 ton truck occasionally I would have stuck with the BFG due to never having issues in the past.

So far the AT3W’s have proven to have great grip and wear good. They also ride and look good. I had them on my Land Rover and now on my truck so they are quickly becoming my favorite. The stock Goodyear wranglers start getting loud around 12,000 miles and didn’t wear consistently. The Nitto options have the looks but are also loud and don’t have the ride quality I like. Most grapplers don’t clear clay out as well as I expect them to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Thinking about some Falken's for my Transit Van.. I still love my Cooper AT3's on my FJ and on my third set..

UglyViking

I enjoy my AT3Ws on my 2500 dodge right now, but they are def a little on the loud side for the highway, especially as they age. Not a huge deal but kind of surprising considering how tame the tread is. Overall, pretty happy with their performance on and off road, and in the hard packed and light fresh snow. I do wish they were studdable though for a dedicated winter tire.

ripperj

Explorer
Anyone have any thoughts on how loud the Wildpeaks are compared to Toyo Open Country ATs?- I had 34s on my 2500 and really don’t want anything louder on the highway
Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Swift One

I have been happy with my AT3Ws on my F150. I stayed with stock size. Hitting the forest roads and driving through fields during the hunting seasons with some mild off road is about as deep as I get into the grind. They seem to be exactly what I needed.

tacollie

Glamper
It's probably be my next tire. I'm in my second set of AT3Ws and been happy for the most part. The AT4w is supposedly more suited to heavier trucks. That's good for us. May not be great for the midsize crowd.

ShiverMeTimbers

on my second set of AT3W‘s. My f250 Tremor is used for towing, DD, and light to medium off-roading. Wet and snow performance has been stellar. Hope the AT4W is close to the same since I live in PNW.

troyboy162

Adventurer
Interesting info on the falken site is they do not have "duraspec" sidewalls on many of the models. Most sizes are listed as "standard" sidewall. I'm assuming that means just 2 ply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior