Family Expo JK build

jforse

Observer
I have been an avid off-roader for many years. I have built many rock crawling rigs, but my physical health does not allow me to trail ride in a Jeep anymore. I just sold my TJ and wife's Daily Driver and found us a AEV loaded Sahara. One owner, 44,000 miles, AEV 3.5" suspension, front and rear bumpers, AEV hood, 4.88 gears, factory rear lsd, dual tops, and some aux lighting.
recon tj.jpg

I need to pull the AEV bumpers and get them media blasted and powder coated. These bumpers are only two years old and already rusting. I also need to get under the hood and re-wire all the accessory lighting wiring. Its a rats nest.
k and jeep.jpg

jscusmcvet

Explorer
There are many of us here who have been down your road. For some of us the time comes to leave the rock crawling behind and seek a different kind of adventure. It is hard sometims, however to not get pulled back. There have been several times in my current build that I have had to step back and reverse course, remembering my current use and plans for the jeep this go round. All part of the fun. Nice jeep and good luck with it.

John

jforse

Observer
There are many of us here who have been down your road. For some of us the time comes to leave the rock crawling behind and seek a different kind of adventure. It is hard sometims, however to not get pulled back. There have been several times in my current build that I have had to step back and reverse course, remembering my current use and plans for the jeep this go round. All part of the fun. Nice jeep and good luck with it.

John

I understand completely and agree. I keep catching myself looking at link brackets and coil overs. Then I remind myself this is a family wagon to explore with.

jforse

Observer
Ordering Nemesis rockers/tub armor from Northridge. Also have some ottrraw switches coming so I can re-wire all the lights.

jforse

Observer
AEV rust repair

The rust was a lot worse than I originally thought. I had to break out the grinder to get all of it out. I added a three more drain holes on each side and then just sprayed it with SEM trim black for now. I am waiting on a quote from my powder coat guy. I am going to have him do the front bumper, rear bumper/tire carrier, and Nemesis rockers.bumper fix 1.jpgbumper fix 2.jpg

jforse

Observer
Got a lot of projects accomplished the last few weeks. A friend came over and installed his AEV rear bumper and tire carrier. I got the Nemesis armor, and got the bumpers removed from the JK. I ended up cutting off the crush cans from the AEV bumper for a smooth look. Everything is at the powder coat guy now and I should have them back in a couple weeks when I get back from vacation.

Attachments

• truck and jk.jpg
    truck and jk.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 33
  • nemesis rocker armor.jpg
    nemesis rocker armor.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 32
  • rust repair bumper.jpg
    rust repair bumper.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 35
  • unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 32
  • unnamed (11).jpg
    unnamed (11).jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 34

jforse

Observer
Got some new headlights and turn signals installed and gave her a wash. I'm heading to Florida on Friday for a week. The bumpers should be ready when I get back.

Attachments

• unnamed (20).jpg
    unnamed (20).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 34
  • unnamed (21).jpg
    unnamed (21).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 33
  • unnamed (22).jpg
    unnamed (22).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 37

jforse

Observer
Not much happening with the JK. Still waiting on the bumpers and armor to be finished at the powder coat guy. Also waiting on AEV to send hardware. They are extremely slow.

Attachments

• waxed.jpg
    waxed.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 29

daryn1979

Observer
Hey Jason- nice to see you made your way to Expo Portal! Is the TJ you just sold the 2000 that you bought from me a few years ago when I was in Germany?

jforse

Observer
Hey Jason- nice to see you made your way to Expo Portal! Is the TJ you just sold the 2000 that you bought from me a few years ago when I was in Germany?

Nope. Your TJ ended up on the Iron Range. I think in Virgina. That TJ I just sold was a 97.

This is the last outing in your old TJ before I sold it. Ended up swapping in a AW4 with a tummy tuck, lockers, 35's, Metalcloak fenders, and some other goodies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12