Fantastic Land Rover Defender 90 (200Tdi) for sale in Nairobi.

Arap moi

I have a short wheel base Land Rover for sale.
I keep it in Nairobi. It is on a UK carnet and thus needs to be sold onto a fellow traveller. I believe that this is the best vehicle going, for travel in the African bush. I have to change it, though, for a 110 because I have 2 kids, who are now able to come on safari with us.

The big problem, with this sale, is that I live in England and so any prospective buyer would have to coincide their viewings with my hols in Kenya.
However, I will be going over in July or August this year.

The vehicle is fully equipped, please see list below:

One Land Rover 90 hard top, 200 TDI, 113,000 miles, Grey, with BF gooderigde all terrain tyres. This vehicle is in excellent condition. Far better than if it had stayed in the UK. It has an extensive service record with oil and air filter changes every 2 - 3 thousand miles. All bushes and shocks were regularly changed. We loved this car and are certain it will provide its new owners with many more happy safaris.

Large Size Ezi Awn Roof Tent (Fairly New)
40 Ltr Engle Fridge (also newish)
Satelite Phone X 2 (imarsat)
Vhf car radio
Vhf mobile radio
Full lenght roof rack
Double wheel carrier
Shelf stacking system
Immobiliser
Double battery system with hella sockets front and rear.
Garmin GPS 12
Wolf Boxes x 3

First aid kit
Tool kit with spare parts
High lift jack
two spare wheels
Wheel brace
Puncture repair kit
Towing gear
Warning triangle
High-beam torch/warn blinker
Shovel
Axe
Fire extinguisher
Gas cooker with rings and extensions
Gas Bottle
One camping table for 4 pax
Ground tent for 2 pax
Bedding
Pots and pans
Plates and bowls
Glasses
Mugs
Cutlery
Tin opener/bottle opener
Salt and pepper cruets
Bread knife
Chopping knife
Dish cloths
Four camping chairs
Various canisters
Ratchet Straps
Wild Life Books, Bird Books, Plant books

We are looking for GB£7,500 and believe this to be an excellent price for this ready to go vehicle.

Hope to hear from you soon

A.:smiley_drive:
purzel3a.jpgThis was taken before the modifications were added. And, if I could access new pictures of this great car you would be able to also see a thumping big Bull Bar. There is also a double wheel carrier and the wheel rims are now all black giving the car a really tough safari look.

Last edited:

laurie-the-lorry

Adventurer
Hi Arri

Sent you a mail on the HUBB. as stated there am very interested in your truck as a second vehicle for my team. I have hope, take a look at her in the Landrover section title hope the Kenyan build.

Anyway kind Sir, if you send me a pm we can touch base and arrange a viewing

Am in Nairobbery again 2morro.

When you over?

Am out of Kenya myself from mid July for a month

laurie-the-lorry

Adventurer
Are you still coming to Kenya. I have sent a number of emails to the yahoo address you PM'D but no reply. Are they going to spam?

laurie-the-lorry

Adventurer
A very big word of caution.

If anyone is interested in this truck look at this linc

http://www.wildways.biz/equipment.htm

The very same photo me thinks :-(

So how can this be on a carnet? Its a good price for a truck in Kenya! But my advise is buyer beware!!!!

I was very interested, thank god I did some research as my thoughts are driving this out of Kenya would be very difficult if not impposible.

If anyone of you are on the HUBB maybe give the same advise. My net connection here is hopeless and am unable to get in.

Buyer be very aware. The chap thats selling this just happens to be the owner ex owner or whatever of wildways.

overlander

Expedition Leader
I would also argue that members should not be allowed to sell on this forum without a certain amount of tenure. I see 0 post sales from time to time here, and they are all highly suspicious to me. I've been burnt before and a wiser buyer now, but new forum members looking to purchase could use some level of protection.

laurie-the-lorry

Adventurer
Anyone thinking of buying a 4x4 in East Africa should read what has to be offered on this website 1st, especially his faq section. Bundubasher(Enzo) is knowledgeable about the buying and selling of 4x4s in that part of the world, including many of the downfalls.

Wow luangwablondes, Superb linc. Thanks I have bookmarked that page!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998