FEELER ,89 4runner

1989 toyota 4runner, 22re, 5 spd, 225k. its the one in my sig line. blue w/black top. 3" body lift, 255 maxxis bighorns w/ less than 5k miles on tacoma steel wheels. cobra 25, hella 55's on front. the frame is bordering perfect for a truck of this age. no rust at all. the inside is a 7.5/10. alot nicer than you would think. since i've owned, new exhaust including manifold (cat removed at this time), timing chain w/ steel guides, timing chain cover, water pump, oil pump all from engnbuilder. new plugs and wires. its got 5.29's f/r. the rear 3rd is from east coast gear supply. less than 5k miles on the gears. i think the front 3rd is nitro gears. bought them already installed in the 3rd.

the bad. its sat fro about a year. the body is going to need soem attention soon. it would still pass wv inspection, but it has had some bad body work in the past. i believe the head gasket is starting to go. the dipstickis starting to look a little milky. i have a head gasket that came with the engine builder gasket kit that will go with it if you want. there is an exhaust leak right at the manifold. previous owner broke a bolt off in the head. soem rust around the window frames on top. i took out teh power window and put on a rear window from an old topper i had. doesn't look to bad and keeps the waether out. worked for my needs. it still have everything except the glass to convert it back. i know, i know what good would that do. needs a battery.

to go with it. f/r solid axles (springs on front), f/r driveshafts. transmission and top shift tranfercase from an 83. old front 3rd i took out when i went to 5.29's. 4 15x8 aluminum directional wheels. old saw blade style straight from '89. probably 3.5" BS. $3,500 to start. located in central wv. 2 hours directly south of pittsburg, for reference. i'll get osme pics when the rain stops. any questions, just ask. thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998