Feeler: Parting out Gen 2 SR. Anyone need anything?

SoCalMonty

Explorer
...no, not mine! ;)

Picking up an SR for parts. The turnaround will be fast (2 weeks tops), so if you need anything, speak up and get in line now! Engine blown, trans good. Interior rough.

I can ship smaller items; large/heavy items will need to be picked up in person (SoCal). Car must remain a roller, so if you need wheels or an axle you'll have to trade yours.

Anyhow, the list starts here. Let me know what you need! Thanks!

off-roader

Expedition Leader
What year? If it's a 96/97, I'll take the Transmission (for real).

Alternatively the two front seats if they're brown/tan 2 tone and in good condition (I know... fat chance LOL)

SoCalMonty

Explorer
It's a 95 SR. Iirc, dark blue/beige. Interior (leather) is thrashed. Will check mileage soon. Susp, axle/locker, dash and switches, outer engine parts, trans, lights, all good.

KIRK!

Amateur Philosopher
Do you know if the center console cup holder is the same as the 2.5? Mine doesn't open and no cupholder SUCKS!

SoCalMonty

Explorer
It's the 2-part center console...the lid opens, exposing 2 cup holders...and then the cup holders open to expose the cubby below. I don't know if that is the same or not...so let me know! :)

SoCalMonty

Explorer
Nathan, Howah...I should have you both covered. How does $5 sound? Howah, add whatever shipping will cost. Tips gladly accepted! ;)

I'll have the truck tomorrow night.

PS, also selling a Smittybilt tube bumper to fit a Gen2/2.5 Montero. Almost brand new. If anyone is interested. :)

20130818_080459_resized.jpg

GrassCat

Adventurer
Do you know if the center console cup holder is the same as the 2.5? Mine doesn't open and no cupholder SUCKS!

Kirk
Is your cup holder stuck in the closed position? If so remove the console so you can repair it. It's been awhile, but I think it's comes out in two pieces.

redbugz007

I will be getting a Gen 2 Monty this Sunday and I know I need an upper hinge from the rear cargo door. If I can't find it at my local junkyard I'd be interested in yours if possible.

Last edited:

SoCalMonty

Explorer
It's green/tan, same as my current Montero. Brown interior (I think they called it Fargo Brown?). The interior is absolutely mangled...so consider the seats trash. Most of the plastics are there and in one piece, but some pieces are sun bleached and a little faded. If you're curious about something in particular, I can get you pictures.

Not looking to get rich off this thing, so parts will be very cheap...just need to make enough to cover shipping (if applicable) and a beer fee (my labor rate is approximately 3 beers per hour). :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998