FG Electrical Problem - Location of Earth connections in cab?

JRhetts

Adventurer
…The big plus in joining up with the convoy is having other people to talk the problems through. It doesn't matter if none of them have the skills to fix the problem. Just the act of you explaining the issues to others will almost certainly bring you to a good […or at least better…] conclusion more quickly.…

I think ianc has put his finger on a really valuable point.

Even if a specific audience is not 'expert', the mere act of forcing oneself to think though a situation in order to explain it to an outsider VERY OFTEN generates – in the interaction – at least better results. So, don't discount what you actually know; subject yourself to explaining it 'outside the boxcanyons of your mind'.

It could be the best 'tool' you have in your kit.

gait

Explorer
absolutely, sounding boards are good. Even writing it down on a forum helps order the mind ........

it took me a couple of days to realise that some of the problems were intermittent - for example, after cutting the wire to the interior light at the fuse turning the interior light switch (above windscreen) to "on" caused windscreen wipers to run. But only sometimes The timer didn't work, just continuous running. Hi lo speed at steering column switch changed speed.

its all been stable for a few days now. Things behaving normally. I'm about to tackle the last item which is a non-working engine oil level check. Not a particularly important item, I can do without it, but I noticed at least one of the wires to the switch has melted insulation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior