FG637 crew cab parts HELP

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Hi guys, long time no hear. Good to see Stu still stirring Alan about his colour choice. Some things never change!

I need your help guys, my truck is slowly being raised from the dead but we are trying to source a dual cab. So im asking if you guys in the know could stick your noses over a few fences, and leads would be greatly appreciated.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hi guys, long time no hear. Good to see Stu still stirring Alan about his colour choice. Some things never change!

I need your help guys, my truck is slowly being raised from the dead but we are trying to source a dual cab. So im asking if you guys in the know could stick your noses over a few fences, and leads would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Shannon,

Yeah. Good to hear you're still around. So you're looking for a second hand 637 crew cab.... but only the cab is that right?

selfy

Observer
Soltoggio's in Perth had a crew cab 2wd last time I was there might be worth a call

got any photos of the rebuild ??

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Only partially in Dan ive sold the truck to dad and my prothers putting it back together but ill still have a hand in it.

John, tried to send you a msg but not working. I need a price on a set of parabolics if you are able

Sent from my ZTE T83 using Tapatalk

whatcharterboat

Only partially in Dan ive sold the truck to dad and my prothers putting it back together but ill still have a hand in it.

John, tried to send you a msg but not working. I need a price on a set of parabolics if you are able

Sorry mate. Inbox was full again. Cleared now. I'm away from the office until next week anyway but you can sort out your parabolics through Alltrac4wd in Adelaide. Peter Young is the main guy there.

Regards John

BTW the only difference between a 637 FG and FE should be the 4wd shift setup and how it goes through the cab. I helped put an FE84D cab on a FG84D chassis and the only difference there was how the 4wd cables went through the floor. So don't throw anything away from your old cab until the job is 100% done and dusted.

Also mate, please let me know if you come across a good FG or FE 84 cab in your hunt too. Single cab would be fine but would even consider a crew if the price was good.

Last edited:

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Thanks john mine has still got the vacum operated tfer. Theres a dual cab on ebay the model after mine that has no engine and a hyrail on it and the bids around 6k if that helps.

Is Alan still importing fg637 bits?

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Hi again still trying to get this truck back together. Does anyone know if there are any difference between the single cab and crew cab fg637 front end. Eggs steering and suspension

whatcharterboat

Hi again still trying to get this truck back together. Does anyone know if there are any difference between the single cab and crew cab fg637 front end. Eggs steering and suspension

Hi Shannon,

How are you mate? No difference. Steering and suspension will be exactly the same within the model years. Hey, I'm doing a FE83 to FG84 cab swap at home at the moment. The one i mentioned in the previous post. Very easy so far. I know yours is older but just giving you some encouragement.

Regards
John

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
The front rear spring hangers look different.

I'm travelling ok still cursing the gods everything I have to squeeze something into this bloody ute!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan