FG637 "Drag Up"

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hi Shannon,

No ...not that I'm aware of......but if you followed the original fitting instructions from Turbo Glide on your crewcab, then that would explain why the turbo goes so far back and protrudes into the rear and therefore requires modified bodywork...... Dave's idea of flipping the manifold and moving the turbo forward is much better don't you reckon?

Regards john.

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Hi Shannon,

Dave asked me to post a pic up for you of his turbo ....... We were in the workshop on Sat morning and Dave was playing around with a twin shock setup on his twin cab...had the inner guard off so I tried to get a shot to show you but it was a bit hard to get in there anyway. Sorry. Best I could do.......so anyway, this is the way he worked out to fit the manifold. Turbo Glide apparently had never actually tried to fit their manifold to a Crewcab and there just isn't enough room with the turbo sitting between 3 & 4 so he flipped the manifold upside down( as he mentioned to you on the phone) so that the turbo ends up between 1

John you can tell Dave that it was me who waved to him sat am while we where on the way to drop our truck off to your work.
That Sparra is a credit to your company.

We where going to stop and say hi but he looked busy looking under his truck.

I will make sure I come and say hi when I pick our truck up on Friday

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Shannon I have a bash plate off our truck you can have.
I took it off cos it collected rocks and they would rattle away, but you will have to come to QLD to get it.

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Free bash plate eh!! The closest I'll be to you in the near future is the barkly table lands. I don't think I could take my truck to qld yet. My trucks ok for the southern states ( the only competition at the moment is a galvanized chassis ) but up there I think I'd be laughed off the road. One day!

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Well its official Tonka is crossing the country leaving 26th of Sept traveling to tennant creek and then out to boroloola and the gulf. Me my brother and 4 kids under 9.

Bring on the adventure!!!!

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Well its official Tonka is crossing the country leaving 26th of Sept traveling to tennant creek and then out to boroloola and the gulf. Me my brother and 4 kids under 9.

Bring on the adventure!!!!

Wow sounds like a great trip.
How long you guys going for?
Where are you going in The Gulf?

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
John you can tell Dave that it was me who waved to him sat am while we where on the way to drop our truck off to your work.
That Sparra is a credit to your company.

We where going to stop and say hi but he looked busy looking under his truck.

I will make sure I come and say hi when I pick our truck up on Friday

Hi Pete ( sorry for the hijack Shannon)

So did you drop off your truck down at 44 and Sparra let you through the main gate? We were up at the accessories workshop on Daves truck where your truck is at the moment.
Did you get a chance to see his Sparras Harley? He usually spends Saturday morning fiddling with it.....what a weapon!!!

Yeah, make sure you come and say hi on Friday and i'll give you a tour if you've got time. We're putting in some big days at the moment getting ready for the Brisbane Show next week....taking 3 trucks and heaps of parts on display stands......so anyway if you can't find me on Friday ask Linda at the main reception at no.44 to page me.

PKDreamers

Adventurer
Hi Pete ( sorry for the hijack Shannon)

So did you drop off your truck down at 44 and Sparra let you through the main gate? We were up at the accessories workshop on Daves truck where your truck is at the moment.
Did you get a chance to see his Sparras Harley? He usually spends Saturday morning fiddling with it.....what a weapon!!!

Yeah, make sure you come and say hi on Friday and i'll give you a tour if you've got time. We're putting in some big days at the moment getting ready for the Brisbane Show next week....taking 3 trucks and heaps of parts on display stands......so anyway if you can't find me on Friday ask Linda at the main reception at no.44 to page me.

Yes sorry Shannon .

Yes we dropped it off at 44 Sparra was opening the gate when we got there.
No I wish we got to see his bike.
It looked like Dave only just got there I waved to him.

Kel and I will look forward to meeting you on Friday and we will take you up on the tour offer thank you.
Well any parts you want to display you can fit to our truck and we will display them free of charge for you lol lol

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Hi has anyone got the numbers on the amount of dyna mat needed in a dual cab floor?
Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Board Express

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
Finally got all my 8.25 tyres on and running really well, not even much of power loss. Quietly impressed.

Tonkatuff

Adventurer
I would be interested to see the torque curve for the na 4.2, I suspect that gearing these up puts that 100km/h spot right on peak torque.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan