FG649 Exhaust Solenoid

MI55U5

Hey all.

Have a 2003 FG649 Canter 4x4, have what appears to be a dud exhaust brake vac solenoid. Fuse is ok, butterfly in the actual exhaust brake is good doesn't stick etc.

No difference in exhaust note when the exhaust brake selector is on. Incoming vacuum to the port is good, once it hits the port, no outgoing vacuum, no noticeable switching/clicking from the solenoid when the exh brake is selected.

Leads me to believe the solenoid itself is on the fritz, however I'm having a hard time trying to find a 12v solenoid, plenty of 24v solenoid I can find though.

Anyone have a lead on where I can find one? Happy to look overseas if needed, if the price is right, as I'd ideally like to have the exh brake working for my misadventures.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Is the manual throttle completely off. If not, it will stop the exhaust brake from functioning.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Firstly, have you actually tested the solenoid and confirmed that it is defective?
If so, you could contact Zupps and have them tell you the part number. When you have the part number you can search the web and see if you can get it any cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998