FGs for sale

westyss

Explorer

Its nice to have solar but those would be ripped off of there by tree branches on the first trip out including the attachment frame work! maybe they could be re-located onto the roof? The gap between the cab and over cab camper would be a good spot to have a tree branch slide into and cause some havock too, but thats over here where we grow big trees fast and they flow out over roads and trails in no time! Limb risers maybe?

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mitsubish...item2ec74c7696
Tipper
I just spoke to this guy, the singles are running on the stock split rims. wouldn't the track be up the creek?

Hi Shannon,

From memory, I think single rear wheel setups running OEM wheels are only about 30mm out of track so while not the optimum, it's not really "up the creek" even in sand. I know of quite a few commercial operators who ran that setup successfully in sand using XZLs but they were usually doing day trips and back in the workshop each night......the issues running OEM wheels as singles are more to do with the strength of the OEM rims and we used to see the centre plates splitting usually between the stud holes. I think the OEM wheels are rated at 1750kg only so a heavily loaded truck offroad will easily exceed the cornering stresses that the rims were designed for and they will start flexing the centre plates and that's why they'll eventually let go and crack.

Also you then have the issues of a really narrow 16" rim with suitable tyre selection that meet the load ratings, etc, etc.

This is all aside from the legal issues too of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger