FGs for sale

westyss

Explorer
looks good

FGobsessed, that looks like a good platform to work with, the price seems good to me, but I think that the 2005's have lower power than the newer models, and with all that stuff on it, I would imagine it would be close to gross weight. With that being said, you might find it struggling in the power department, also, being top heavy might be a concern, my FG is much lower and it feels like off camber trails it would tip over, its just a mind thing that you have to get over, must be because of the cab height. I have taken mine on a very off camber trail and it did fine but sure gives you doubts. Maybe it can be lightened and lowered some what without too much trouble.

kerry

Expedition Leader
He should have taken a picture with the pop top down to get a better sense of how high it is in driving position. It does look high with the top up. Did the owner give you its weight?

kerry

Expedition Leader
I agree the design is awkward. At first I thought the camper was that high in order to clear the cab but it looks like the camper does not extend over the cab, so the only reason to put the camper that high was to clear the side boxes which themselves did not need to be that high. Maybe there's something in that basement besides storage for the stairs.

FGobsessed

Thanks for the comments. I didn't think to ask him for the weight. He is going to send me some more pictures tomorrow though. I also forgot to ask him the year of the Alaskan which I presume could greatly affect the value.

There is nothing under the camper other than the ladder, even more storage!
Other things to note, 40 gallon (maybe pound?) propane tank, hot water heater is external to the camper (no hot water inside), two AGM batteries and two solar panels, auto battery switch, 80 gallon diesel capacity, and the dump bed is rated at 14,000 not 1,400.

I'm planning on traveling and living out of whatever I get so the extra storage would be nice. Although the Alaskan isn't very roomy. If I can't find an already built Fuso Camper I'm going to try and find a flatbed and mount a small trailer camper on it.

I'll let you know what the pictures look like and if he knows the weight.

haven

Expedition Leader
Truckpaper.com is a good place to look for USA used trucks of all types.
This morning there are several Fuso FG models listed by a dealer in Florida.
These all are cab/chassis models, 137" wheelbase, with 5 speed transmission.

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=1878982
2006 FG 24,000 miles, $28,500

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=1864353
2006 FG 31,000 miles, $28,500

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=1864299
2007 FG 38,000 miles, $28,500

Fuso of USA provides a 5 year, 175,000 mile warranty on engine and drivetrain
components. I'd check to see when the trucks were purchased (sometimes
a unit sits on the dealer lot for months, even years). I'd give preference to
the vehicle with the longest time remaining on its warranty.

Note that the warranty is for use in USA and Canada. When you're traveling in
another country, you'll have to pay for repairs, and then argue with Fuso of USA
about warranty coverage.

2008 models require ultra-low sulfur diesel, so if you're thinking about traveling
to Central America and beyond, you'd be well advised to look for a 2007 or earlier
model.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Nice looking bus for sale

Hi Pete, There's a few nice buses for sale at the moment . I think some of the tour operators are hurting a little bit with the strong Aussie dollar. That's the opposite of what they want.

You are right >> this thing was really nice. I thought it had the long span suspension on it too. Not 100% on that but you might notice the big Trailblaser fridge in the front right corner on the interior shot in the ebay adv. That was worth bit too.

Some pics when it was new.

5216711947_02f31f503f_z.jpg

5216721665_b14d9d18a1_z.jpg

Also see the front bullbar. That's one of the early ones that you don't need to tilt out of the way before you tilt the cab.

It could make a very nice motorhome I suppose but I can tell you now , that there would be a lot more work in converting a bus like this to a camper than you would imagine.

John

Last edited:

engineer

Adventurer
That Looks like one of Brendans buses from SVM, he made a few, one of the QR ones carried the Queen from Cairns to Kuranda I believe.
Good Find Pete, a bit hesitant with the "beach" word on the sign writing though......

westyss

Explorer
That trucks sub frame may look like mine , but it is totally different, I do have alot of pics of that truck prior to him re doing his wheel/tire package, it was parked at the airport where i work and i was all over it, talked to the fellow too. Seems like a high price to me, but it does look good. I posted some pictures of it some where on expo but cant remember where.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior