FG's in Action

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Global Warrior #004 heading down the West Oz coast..

Warroora Station camp
image.jpg
Dundee Beach camp
image.jpg
Loose sand at Yardie Creek crossing
image.jpg
Roo at Ningaloo
image.jpg
South towards Ningaloo
image.jpg

Last edited:

whatcharterboat

I saw #004 on the road on Tuesday as I was heading North. I had my eyes open for interesting Canter/NPS vehicles, trying to pick if they were on singles from a distance.

Hey, welcome to ExPo!!!

Where was that exactly?

North or South of Canarvon?

If you are interested, the owners of GW#004 are regular contributors to the CMCA Wanderer magazine and their trip is a continuing series in each issue of their experiences and write ups on fellow travellers and vehicles that they meet along the way. The third part of the series is in the current issue.

Regards john.

Last edited:

objet

Thanks for the welcome, I have been lurking a while :coffee:

I'm pretty sure I saw them north of Carnarvon...which would make it Wed morn, if memory serves. Which it often doesn't, actually.

Just in that general area!

Is the CMCA Wanderer mag an online publication or a ye olde printed one?

I was driving a Hino Dutro 2WD for work and I think the only vehicle we overtook in the 2800km round trip was a Canter 4.2 towing a small 'van.

DzlToy

Explorer
^^ jesus that is a filthy mess... find a pressure washer asap :D

Is that a RTT over the cab? Sleeping for four maybe?

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Is that a RTT over the cab? Sleeping for four maybe?

Yes it is. There was a better picture in the Earthcruiser thread.

attachment.php

objet

I'm pretty sure it was #004 again I saw today, this time in Malaga (not Spain:)) parked on the verge at a mechanic. Hopefully not serious. Impressive looking vehicle up close...well, as I drove by.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
I'm pretty sure it was #004 again I saw today, this time in Malaga (not Spain:)) parked on the verge at a mechanic. Hopefully not serious. Impressive looking vehicle up close...well, as I drove by.

Maybe we need an 'Fgs OUT OF action' thread... :)

whatcharterboat

No it's not OUT OF ACTION, hahaha. The mechanics in Malaga are kindly looking after #004 while the owners have flown back to Qld for a couple of weeks. That's the Global Warrior we plan to use for the Perth Open Day on the 5th of April.

whatcharterboat

Is the CMCA Wanderer mag an online publication or a ye olde printed one?

Sorry for the late reply. Missed it at the time.

Still the old printed one. The last issue had their trip in #004 out to Steep Point. That was certainly a good test of capability in sand!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman