FG's in Action

cnick

We had good luck about 1/2 way up the Peralta Road out of Gold Canyon for camping. Great trailhead with lots of exploring to be had. 1st Water Trailhead was also good, but no camping along that road.

Any recommendations for that area? I may be there in the near future.
Thanks,
Doug

engineer

Adventurer
Thats fantastic Howard70!! there is a place where all the EC pics can go!!
maybe i can see some other makes and models of off road trucks without having to sift through the EC pics to find others.
I liike the EC, i also like seeing what other people have stumbled into on their travels too mate
IMG_5250.jpg

Howard70

Adventurer
maybe i can see some other makes and models of off road trucks without having to sift through the EC pics to find othersView attachment 318330

I guess you could start a different thread that explicitly excluded EarthCruisers if you wanted? Maybe call it "Almost Any FG in Action - But Not EarthCruisers"? I'm not sure I understand why folks that want to post shots of their EarthCruisers should be excluded from this thread, but I drive on the wrong side of the road anyway!

Howard

Last edited:

engineer

Adventurer
its one thing to post pictures of EC.s, but it gets to the point of being rude and disrespectful to others when they continually keep burying everyone else pictures.
I almost felt like they only wanted their name on the thread.

IMG_3719.jpgIMG_3719.jpg

gait

Explorer
I generally try to avoid posts/posters that cross the line between useful interesting information and marketing or promotion. In the context of this thread I rarely look because I interpret many posts as having the hallmark of product placement (google it if you aren't aware).

Perhaps over sensitive. Three years of travel was largely insulated from the incessant intrusive noise of modern marketing that seems to go with the label "developed economy". Quite a culture shock to return to.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Well I reckon this shot up against the Coloured Sands was too good to pass up. Pic taken yesterday. BTW if anyone is thinking of doing Fraser over Xmas, the inland tracks are hell.....just bottomless dry powder. The beach isn't bad though in the bottom half of the tide with good access around Hook Point and around the rocks at Rainbow.
Merry Xmas everyone. John
adventure.JPG

Last edited:

Mr Rehab

Traveller
Thanks for the heads-up John. Will be heading to Fraser after Xmas and the crowds have gone.

All the best for Xmas and the New Year. Guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger