Fiberglass mid-size truck LOADED slide-in poptop camper for sale $25,000

lissajane

2023 new mid-size truck slide-in fiberglass fully-loaded all-season camper! Easy quick set up, perfect for a couple of off grid boondockers. (Ford Ranger NOT included, sale can be negotiated). Located in Las Vegas, NV.

This camper design began with the Earthcruiser Gazelle, a lightweight compact mid-size truck camper for off-road exploring. Not many exist, but the mold was reproduced, and Recon Campers spent the time to upgrade this unit with the latest technologies and creature comforts to provide a luxury off-road and off-grid experience.

The body of the camper is monocoque polymer full composite construction. The cab over poptop raises to 8’ inside standing room with a fully insulated tent and screened windows. Lightweight bed frame slides out to a full sized bed with a 3” comfy brand new mattress. The interior features lightweight smart aluminum storage cabinetry and cubbies that provide ample storage. There is an additional compartment for larger storage under the bench seat that can also fit a portable toilet. Dinette seats 4, and converts into a small day bed. Two additional windows provide fresh air and light in the camper body, with shades and screens. Door hatch with built in stairs for easy entry/exit. Easy to operate DC electronics system runs off an upgraded Lithium Ion “house” battery that is charged by 200W of roof top mounted solar, includes a 2000W inverter and 60A shore power charging. Bluetooth smart battery monitor, app based. Two USB and 2 12V sockets for easy charging inside, and an additional USB and 12V accessible outside. LED lighting throughout the interior and exterior including reading lamps above the bed, outside at the awning and well-placed at handrails. Full kitchen includes Dometic fridge/freezer and two-burner propane stove. Hot water system for indoor sink and outdoor hot/cold shower. Reversible air flow ventilation fan, and an efficient quiet diesel heating system for chilly nights.

Fits 5.5 foot mid size truck bed. Suitable for a short bed Toyota Tacoma, Nissan Frontier, Ford Ranger, Chevy Colorado, Gladiator, or similar. Legs attach at four points to lift and install camper, comes with storage rack.

Specs+Features:
• 8’ standing room poptop
• Slide-out full size bed
• 22 gallons fresh water
• Hot water heater (3gal)
• Dometic fridge/freezer
• Two-burner propane stove
• Deep kitchen sink hot/cold water
• Outside hot/cold shower
• Quiet diesel heater with a Rotopax 2-gallon external diesel tank for easy fill up
• Dinette seats 4, and coverts to mini day bed
• 200w solar
• 100Ah Lithium hour battery
• Electric retractable awning
• Tons of Interior and exterior LED lighting
• Ventilation fan, reversible air flow
• Ample storage made of lightweight aluminum cabinetry and cubbies
• Compartment for a portable toilet or extra storage (no toilet included)
• Camper runs off a 12V DC electronic system with a 2000w inverter with 60amp shore power 110v charging
• Smart Bluetooth battery monitor app
IMG_1384.jpeg
IMG_1519.jpeg
IMG_0892.jpeg
IMG_0915.jpeg

trabkabab

Will Recon Campers be building more of these in the near future? I’m interested but I’ll be in a better position to purchase one in a year from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sn_85

Observer
Will Recon Campers be building more of these in the near future? I’m interested but I’ll be in a better position to purchase one in a year from now.

If you look hard enough there's a new company that is selling the same camper. I'm not sure where the original Earthcruiser GZLs were made but I believe these are all now a made in PRC alibaba special. I think there will still be an importer for these out there when you're ready to buy.

lissajane

Recon Campers is moving towards truck campers for obvious utility of 4x4 drive options and the lack of compact cargo vans in the US market. But this specific camper is a test unit/prototype at a extremely reduced price for what it includes. Recon will not be offering these models in the future beyond this test unit.

lissajane

If you look hard enough there's a new company that is selling the same camper. I'm not sure where the original Earthcruiser GZLs were made but I believe these are all now a made in PRC alibaba special. I think there will still be an importer for these out there when you're ready to buy.
Yes, but at 2x the price. This has also been heavily rebuilt and modified with better electronics and componentry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger