Final Cut Pro 2

haven

Expedition Leader
Apple introduced an upgrade to Final Cut Pro today. I saw two features that might be of use to producers of expedition travel videos.

First, the software allows you to mix video of different formats on the same timeline. For example, you could mix HD with standard 640x480 video without first converting it to a common format. Of course, this doesn't magically make cameraphone footage look like HD, but it's a step forward in convenience.

Second, the software is supposed to be especially good, and very fast, at compressing video. The resulting small files are preferred for distribution over the Internet.

Chip Haven

Motion 3 really looks good now that they've added 3D. This will give After Effects some competition.

They've finally added what looks like a kick butt color correction program. The color corrector in Final Cut was a bit limiting.

I'm glad that they didn't come out with separate version of Final Cut like what was rumored. The nice thing about Apple is that you can buy one product that can handle everything from DV to 4K (looks like you need the IO-HD box to work with 4K). Keeps things simple. Unlike Avid which has a dozens different products.

Anywho, there are some nice upgrades there.

Last edited:

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Yes the upgrade we have all been waiting for, considering my next project its not a moment to soon. Hope to have it early May :victory:

I am also stoked about Motion 3 - image stabilization

Final Cut Server looks very interesting...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior