Finally built my roof rack

BurbanAZ

Explorer
finally got around to building my roof rack, i was going to bend tube to run from the rack down to my frame but i need to get a bender first so i attached it with clamps which is plenty strong for right now. I attached it to the sides of the stock roof rack because they seem stronger than the cross bars. Heres a few pics of the build (sorry alot of pics, i take alot when i make something lol) nothing fancy but i like it.
648361f3.jpg

637b933f.jpg

3a17fc8e.jpg

2135e1e5.jpg

e6540ceb.jpg

a45fb66d.jpg

db4df6f1.jpg

41ec6ac0.jpg

af88505a.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Burban, you never have to apologize for posting lots of pics.....:ylsmoke: Nice clean looking rack and well made!:)

BurbanAZ

Explorer
Did you utilize the old rack system to mount it on the roof ?
yea for now. Im going to bend tube and run it down to the frame after i build a bender. I was worried a little about strength with it attached to the original rack but we were just our for a week offroading on some rough trails with probably over 300 lbs on it and it didnt budge (wouldnt recommend that though lol).

Revco

Adventurer
how heavy is that rack? And how did you attach it to the factory roof rack? I have my rack about 70% done. I put it on the backburner for now, but need to finish it out and get it mounted. I was going to use the original roof rack as a mount as well. Mine weighs about 30lbs so far, just need to do some finish welding and figure out what to do for the floor of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998