Finally got a van!

Stitebunny

Adventurer
And this is it!
I honestly don't know too much about it! It's out of state and I had my brother go look at it. I will be flying to Anchorage at the end of May with my wife and 6 year old to drive it back to Seattle!
It has a Salem Kroger 4x4 conversion and Sportsmobile put the the top on! The v10 engine was replaced 10k miles ago I'm told. Hopefully I won't find any big (expensive) surprises with it when I get there. My bro looked it over pretty well and drove it and thought it seemed pretty solid! I will need to install another seat for the drive home and then when we get back we will start cleaning out the back to outfit it for our needs.

LEFT SIDE.jpg
FRONT.jpg
INSIDE FORWARD.jpg
CAB.jpg
INSIDE.jpg
INSIDE BACK.jpg

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
Looks like a good start! Let me know if you want a second set of steel wheels for that, and I will hang onto mine when I swap them out.

Ironhead

Observer
Yours looks to be very similar to mine, maybe the same year (97). Check mine out, its the last pictures on page 95 of the "pics of your van" thread. Let me know if you have any questions, I may have run into things during my build you may want to know.

Stitebunny

Adventurer
Thanks for the offer on the wheels! I may just need them depending on how these look. Or maybe a seperate set for snows.
This one is also a 97 and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for ya!
Nice pictures of yours! Did you post any interior shots anywhere?

Ironhead

Observer
No, your right I need to post some updated pictures of both the exterior with the new wheels and tires as well as some of the interior.

Stitebunny

Adventurer
So the time is finally here and we are flying up to AK next friday! We are getting things together for the trip and I am wondering what tools to take.
Can you guys tell me if most of the fasteners on this are metric or sae sizes? Is it a mix of both?
I don't have any sae stuff and will need to buy some if it's required. I don't have any experience working on vans, or american stuff really!
Thanks for any input!

intothewild

Adventurer
I don't have any experience with Ford vans, so I can't help you there..But nice rig! Hope to see it around town or out in the mountains sometime!

rebar

Adventurer
So the time is finally here and we are flying up to AK next friday! We are getting things together for the trip and I am wondering what tools to take.

Thanks for any input!

I was faced with the same question when I flew down to florida to pick mine up. I decided a bottle opener and a AAA card was all I needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998