finally saw an AT Chaser in person - wow

telwyn

Adventurer
I went to the Reeves Motorsports (a Tampa Bay car dealer) car show this morning where their customers could show off their classic and new cars. Brought my Land Rover Lightweight which was unfortunately the only Series Rover present.

So I was a little bummed out because I'm not really a sports car guy, but then I stumbled across an AT Chaser that the dealer has been helping a customer with. They said they have been working with AT and their customer to put it together as well as helping the guy get a Hummer ready. Apparently the customer is from Tampa Bay, but now in Angola and they are getting ready to ship the Hummer and Chaser to him soon.

I was really really impressed by the Chaser in person (not so much by the Hummer). As much as I've loved them via the internet, seeing the quality first hand raises the bar even higher.

Here's a few photos I snapped on the blackberry... Thought it was interesting that the nosebox exterior was lined.

IMG00553.jpg

IMG00554.jpg

IMG00556.jpg

IMG00558.jpg

IMG00562.jpg

Last edited:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Glad you got to finally see one of our Chasers in person.

The Hummer and Chaser are owned by a very nice gentleman who has lived in Luanda, Angola for 20 years, he is originally from Spain. We have been communicating back and forth for the past 4 months using Skype.

He'll be importing the trailer and vehicle to Angola via Namibia and then driving it up. The build was extensive, he doesn't have the ability to add onto the trailer later, there are no REI's or 4 Wheel Parts stores in Angola.

Here is the build list and accessories we provided:
Fox Coil Over Shocks with remote reservoir
Custom 5000 lbs trailing arms
Coated Nose Box
Fuel Can set
Water Tank
Awning Package
Kitchen Shelf
Partner Steel Stove
12 volt power
Max Coupler
Engel 45 and Transit Bag
Privacy Shelter and Shower
LED Reverse and Camp light
Eezi Awn Series III 1800 RTT
Micket Thompson Tires and Rims
PowerFilm Foldable Solar System
Full Tyre Kit, Tyreplyers, Tires Irons, Puncture Repair Kit
Single Side Band Radio
Medical Emergency and Trauma Kit
Pelican Cases
Maxtrax sand ladders and bridge

jcbrandon

Explorer
An H2 Hummer is an interesting choice for Africa. I reckon most opinions in North America would not have it near the top of the list. Nice to see someone challenging the common assumptions. I'd be curious about his decision making process.

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
I find it a curious choice for Africa as well. Martyn, perhaps you could convince this gentleman to join us????
I like the H2 but can't get past it's pooooor mileage. Can't understand why the duramax was never an option.:confused:

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
I find it a curious choice for Africa as well. Martyn, perhaps you could convince this gentleman to join us????
I like the H2 but can't get past it's pooooor mileage. Can't understand why the duramax was never an option.:confused:

I never discussed the choice of vehicles with him, he had already bought the vehicle when he approached us about purchasing a trailer. I just figure we are all entitled to our opinions and choices.

I don't think I'll pass on this post to him for the following reasons.

1) I'm a little amazed that Reeves would disclose to Telwyn how much their customer spent on his vehicle. I believe that type of thing is confidential. He would find out they have broken this confidentiality if he reads the post.

2) I also fear that any discussion on his choice of vehicle would basically end up being a discussion on why he bought the wrong vehicle. He already owns the vehicle for better or worse, and I don't want to invite him into a discussion that has a high probability of turning negative. I'll save him from that fate.

He's coming over to the US to take the vehicle and trailer on a short trip to iron out any bugs, and then both units are going into a container, and off they go.

alexrex20

Explorer

what is your vehicle and its mpg?

the duramax is a huge engine and does not fit - same reason it was never offered in the 3/4ton suburban.

Last edited:

efuentes

Explorer
When we got ours I was also surprised, the attention to little details its amazing. A great product.

The only negative thing its that now we carry even more stuff to camp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online