Finally some RTT information

dcg141

Adventurer
I race off road motorcycles and go on dual sport rides and big weekend excursion trail rides. I have owned every style of carrying bikes and gear possible I believe. PU campers with trailers, enclosed trailers with sleeping quarters. A Ford E450 box van with a sleeper and shop/bike storage is my current setup but it was worn out when I bought it and after running it all over the country for 5 years its time to move on..again. I own a Jeep Liberty and I want something I can use with it as a tow vehicle. I'm over carrying everything I own with me. Gas and a toolbox is really all I need for the bikes. Enough gear for 2-3 days camping and frankly I'm tired of sleeping in enclosed steel boxes. You either burn up or freeze in them without a sizable generator and a rooftop air...I live in the hot humid south. So, I am having a custom aluminium trailer built. It is enclosed for security but with 4.5 foot walls, just tall enough to get a bike in. The top lifts with gas cylinders and will have a rack built on it for...you guessed it, a rooftop tent. Ive been looking at the usual suspects but the information on them is pretty slim, till I found this fourm last night. Two I was considering that I have not seen here are Gordigear and Treeline in Canada. I sent Gordigear an e-mail and got a response from the guy that owns them and they are supposed to be setting up a US distributor. The Treeline seems to have a few new design elements and is very lightweight using a honeycomb aluminuim floor. The issue with them is its priced like SA tent and I'm sure it's made in China. The trailer is being built and will be ready in a couple of weeks. I have not made up my mind but the time to do so is getting close.

http://treelineoutdoors.com/collections/roof-top-tents

GordigearUSA

Supporting Sponsor Gordigear USA - RTT & Awnings
Gordigear Roof Top Tents - Update

We are very excited that the first bulk order of Gordigear rooftop tents, car awnings and related accessories is currently expected to arrive in the U.S. in early August. Meanwhile, detailed information about the products is available at www.gordigear.com. HEI Outdoors was recently named the exclusive U.S. Gordigear distributor. Please see www.heioutdoors.com for information on how to contact us if you have questions. Thank you, Mark

GordigearUSA

Supporting Sponsor Gordigear USA - RTT & Awnings
NOW IN AMERICA - Gordigear Roof Top tents

Hello camping enthusiast,

They are here! The first bulk shipment of Gordigear products has arrived in the U.S. We now have rooftop tents, car awnings and related accessories in stock. We are excited about serving the U.S. market for Gordigear. With the new U.S.-based operations and expectations for reduced delivery times and shipping costs, demand for these premier products is strong.

For your convenience, on the Gordigear website at http://www.gordigear.com, you can now access U.S. pricing for products and freight costs and place an order. After an order is placed, customers may expect to receive products in a week or less. Orders will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.

If you already own Gordigear equipment, thank you. This is a good opportunity to add to your gear.

The availability of Gordigear products for shipping from within the U.S. is planned in phases based on interest in the product lines previously expressed by customers in the States. The first phase, which is underway, includes rooftop tents, awnings and related accessories. The second phase includes trailer tents and related accessories; it is planned sometime in 2016.

We are ramping up the new U.S. distribution operations. As we continue to ramp up and becoming more familiar with actual U.S. demand for our products, we may encounter some backorders through supply bottlenecks, but we will work to overcome those as quickly as possible. There are no bottlenecks at this time.

Please let me know how we can help you.

Enthusiastically representing Gordigear in the U.S.,

Mark

Mark Hickman
Gordigear USA
602-321-9503
www.heioutdoors.com
www.gordigear.com

Lucky j

Explorer
Do not want to blow your bubble, but what real new information about RTT did you bring in this post?

Look more like an infomercial post that new real info.

In canada, you also have nitup tent and they are manufactured in canada. That is if you like the hard shell type.

I race off road motorcycles and go on dual sport rides and big weekend excursion trail rides. I have owned every style of carrying bikes and gear possible I believe. PU campers with trailers, enclosed trailers with sleeping quarters. A Ford E450 box van with a sleeper and shop/bike storage is my current setup but it was worn out when I bought it and after running it all over the country for 5 years its time to move on..again. I own a Jeep Liberty and I want something I can use with it as a tow vehicle. I'm over carrying everything I own with me. Gas and a toolbox is really all I need for the bikes. Enough gear for 2-3 days camping and frankly I'm tired of sleeping in enclosed steel boxes. You either burn up or freeze in them without a sizable generator and a rooftop air...I live in the hot humid south. So, I am having a custom aluminium trailer built. It is enclosed for security but with 4.5 foot walls, just tall enough to get a bike in. The top lifts with gas cylinders and will have a rack built on it for...you guessed it, a rooftop tent. Ive been looking at the usual suspects but the information on them is pretty slim, till I found this fourm last night. Two I was considering that I have not seen here are Gordigear and Treeline in Canada. I sent Gordigear an e-mail and got a response from the guy that owns them and they are supposed to be setting up a US distributor. The Treeline seems to have a few new design elements and is very lightweight using a honeycomb aluminuim floor. The issue with them is its priced like SA tent and I'm sure it's made in China. The trailer is being built and will be ready in a couple of weeks. I have not made up my mind but the time to do so is getting close.

http://treelineoutdoors.com/collections/roof-top-tents

ripperj

Explorer
I took the title to mean he was happy to find Expo Portal for RTT info
I agree with the thread turning into an ad

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2

JLee

Adventurer
Product#: ERT16 (165cm width)
Price: US$ 1690 (€ 1390; AU$ 1550)

1550 Australian Dollar equals
1143.51 US Dollar

Can I buy this stuff in AUD...?

OutOfBounds

Adventurer
Do not want to blow your bubble, but what real new information about RTT did you bring in this post?

Look more like an infomercial post that new real info.

In canada, you also have nitup tent and they are manufactured in canada. That is if you like the hard shell type.

Do you have a link to nitup tents? I can't find anything typing that into google?

dcg141

Adventurer
BTW I did end up deciding on a Gordigear tent. I got notification that is shipped yesterday and I should see it next week. I will glad to come back on here with some info if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Lucky j

Explorer
I was seeking info and happy to find this forum.

Ok, sorry about the interpretation I came up with, but title related to the content of the post was well advertiseish.

In deed, the forum is fill with RTT set-up and ideas on how to set them up on different application.

dcg141

Adventurer
I was really interested in the Treeline Outdoors tents but I could not find much info outside of thier own website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12