Finding an older style tow pin front bumper?

aluke0510

Adventurer
Does anybody have any idea on where to find a front tow pin bumper pre when they started adding holes for the fog lights; new or used? I am not too familiar with G-Wagon model specifics and when they made the switch and what differences there are. It isn't going on a G-Wagon but I really like these older G-Waggon bumpers for my old Jeep. Thanks for any leads.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Does anybody have any idea on where to find a front tow pin bumper pre when they started adding holes for the fog lights; new or used? I am not too familiar with G-Wagon model specifics and when they made the switch and what differences there are. It isn't going on a G-Wagon but I really like these older G-Waggon bumpers for my old Jeep. Thanks for any leads.

Agh, I just purchased one new, but returned it as I didn't need it afterall.

It's from a G36 IIRC. I have a few web links and part #s for confirmation on my work computer if you need. But understand that the bumper will need to come from a grey market G, so will be difficult to find used in the USA, and new will be some $. LMK if I can help further.

otiswesty

Regular guy
Bumpers without the foglights are for a 460 Series Gwagen built from 1979 to 1990. Eurotruck Importers may have a used, serviceable one.

aluke0510

Adventurer
Thanks, I did a lot of searching and looking at pictures and I came to the conclusion it was the 460 and professional versions without fog lights. I am seeing some with plastic end caps and others without. Is the bumper the same with just the added on plastic end caps?

mk216v, where did you find a new one? All I have seen is the 463 version with fog lights.

I'll give Eurotruck Importers a shout and see what they have. I really don't want to go the route of having to pay somebody to fab one because it still won't be the same and once offs are expensive. And I will always have the fear that it isn't strong enough between the frame rails or is way overbuilt adding unnecessary weight. If I knew somebody with a shop and welder I would make my own; but, being in an apartment I have to do most of my work on the sly and keep it basic...

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Thanks, I did a lot of searching and looking at pictures and I came to the conclusion it was the 460 and professional versions without fog lights. I am seeing some with plastic end caps and others without. Is the bumper the same with just the added on plastic end caps?

mk216v, where did you find a new one? All I have seen is the 463 version with fog lights.

I'll give Eurotruck Importers a shout and see what they have. I really don't want to go the route of having to pay somebody to fab one because it still won't be the same and once offs are expensive. And I will always have the fear that it isn't strong enough between the frame rails or is way overbuilt adding unnecessary weight. If I knew somebody with a shop and welder I would make my own; but, being in an apartment I have to do most of my work on the sly and keep it basic...

Not sure on the first question.

They can still be ordered from a USA Mercedes dealer if you have a grey market G, along with all of the needed brackets/tow pin/etc.

LMK if EI can't help and you need the part numbers/web links from me.
Karl at G-wagenacessories.com can supply new too.

-Jeremy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12