Finish gun nails good enough for securing Baltic birch slats to roof ?

Roktman

Hey guys, in my 7x12 cargo trailer I have steel ceiling members I’ve glued on an eight inch thick thermal break ( foil backed dense foam) then 5/8’s marine ply strips self tapped into member, then straight edged it using drywall paper shims, then goes 1/4 inch baltic birch ply ceiling that I’ll shoot in with finish nails, maybe with a few short screws hidden behind slats , then 1/2 Baltic x 4 inch birch slats, so I’m wondering if I just shoot a couple nails to secure the slats will there be a chance of them vibrating loose ? Could use tiny head screws but thats a different look( roof members are 24 inch on center ) what’s your experience, thanks much

simple

Adventurer
I'm having trouble visualizing exactly what you've got going on. The big block of text isn't very digestible.

It sounds like you want to talk about fastening birch ply skins on the interior via finish nailing them to some furring strips.

RV manufacturers use finish nails and staples all the time to attach skins. If you don't see a need to remove the skins in the future, spot glue it and nail away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online